Who wants to be a millionaire

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

AnneM
Global Moderator

Who wants to be a millionaire

Post by AnneM » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:22 pm

OK then. How many of us Brits had got the answer that David Lloyd George was born in Manchester from our computer before Chris Tarrant had given the contestants the answer??

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:34 pm

:oops: :-
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:35 pm

I had assumed he was born in north-west Wales, but there was no answer to match that. So Manchester was a surprise to me when it came up as the correct answer. Many years ago, I saw his museum in Criccieth, so assumed that was his birthplace - wrong!

All the best,

AndrewP

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:46 pm

I could not help myself. Got to the 1901 census just before CT announced the answer.

Came as a shock to me too as I was convinced he was born in Wales.

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters