TS PowerPoint Presentation

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Currie

Post by Currie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:54 am

Something just crossed my mind.

I thought it an excellent presentation.

If the smallness of the text in the examples is an issue and the presentation is to be altered in any way the sample images could be changed.

The text size in the Browser could be increased substantially before the screen shot is taken and the image then reduced to fit the allotted space in the presentation. The resultant text size will then be closer to normal without the overall image looking too abnormal.

You’ve probably already thought of this but just in case.
Alan

innjess

PPS

Post by innjess » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:06 am

Hello Marilyn, as a new member to Talking Scot, I have to say that I found the presentation excellent! Very helpful :)
innjess

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:42 am

Hi innjess,

We're pleased that you found the PPP helpful. It was designed by Drew Davidson, a former member of the Administration Group here on TS and we thought his presentation was brilliant. :idea:

Regards
Marilyn

scopeo

Post by scopeo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:45 am

Just had a look for interest.

Everything went well until the very last webpage when Drew Davidson's name suddenly was overlapped and unable to be read.

Otherwise, definitely will be of great help to newcomer.

And a job well done by Drew Davidson.

John
Australia
FERGUSON from Ayrshire:
DAILLY-McIlwrick/Watson/MacKernie/Gordon/Schaw/Alexander/Welsh/McCrindle/Ross
COYLTON-Wilson/Colville/Paul/Clarke/Steven
COLMONELL-McCulloch
KIRKMICHAEL-McLellan
KILMARNOCK-Howat/Clark
GLASGOW-Ferguson/Picken/McArthur/Munn

Ina
Global Moderator

Post by Ina » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:50 am

Hi John,

I agree, a job well done by Drew, and much appreciated by TSAG.

I just reviewed the Powerpoint presentation and I didn't see anything wrong with the last slide.

Perhaps one of our other AG members will review and see if they have a problem.

Kind Regards,

Ina

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi Ina
Perhaps one of our other AG members will review and see if they have a problem.
Worked Ok for me...wonder what caused the problem? Looks like it is not happening for everyone.

Best wishes
Lesley

Currie

Post by Currie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:05 pm

On frame 51 (the last one) on my computer the 32 font for “Original concept by Drew Davidson” is too big for the text box and is forcing “Davidson” onto a second line which overlaps the text box for “Supplemented by TalkingScot Administration Group 2007”.

It should be fixable by reducing the font to 24 the same as the second text box or extending the length of the first text box so that there’s room for “Davidson” or simply moving the text boxes much further apart vertically. It depends on how you want it to look.

Maybe different views on different computers are something to do with monitor resolution or different versions of PP but you wouldn’t think so? I’m 1024x768 with PP 2002.

Alan

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Alan wrote
On frame 51 (the last one) on my computer the 32 font for “Original concept by Drew Davidson” is too big for the text box and is forcing “Davidson” onto a second line which overlaps the text box for “Supplemented by TalkingScot Administration Group 2007”.

It should be fixable by reducing the font to 24 the same as the second text box or extending the length of the first text box so that there’s room for “Davidson” or simply moving the text boxes much further apart vertically. It depends on how you want it to look.

Maybe different views on different computers are something to do with monitor resolution or different versions of PP but you wouldn’t think so? I’m 1024x768 with PP 2002.
Hello Alan,

We'll take a look at reducing the font and see if that corrects the problem. Certainly we don't want Drew's name to be sliced in 1/2. Thank you for your suggestions.

Marilyn
Current Chair of TalkingScot

Currie

Post by Currie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Hello Marilyn,

I forgot to mention that I use Firefox as a browser and the presentation opens directly into PP rather than as with IE. I tried it using IE but the problem was the same.

All the best,
Alan

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:01 pm

I have reduced the font size to 24 in that line on slide #51. Does it look okay in your viewer now?

http://www.talkingscot.com/PPP/TalkingS ... ion.ppt#51

All the best,

AndrewP