Aberdeen City burials online?

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

speleobat2

Aberdeen City burials online?

Post by speleobat2 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi all,

I had an email from Chris Paton this afternoon saying that the Aberdeen City burials were online at http://www.deceasedonline.com starting with four cemeteries: Nellfield, Old Machar, St. Clement's and Grove.

Problem: When I went to deceasedonline and searched for my Munros all I got were results in Angus. I know some of my Munros were buried in Nellfield.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

speleobat2

Re: Aberdeen City burials online?

Post by speleobat2 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:48 am

Hi again,

The Aberdeen City burial records are there now! Have to get a good grip on my credit card and start looking at them!

Archiver

Post by Archiver » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:27 pm

There are going to be more added soon as well, including St Peter's, St Nicholas and John Knox graveyards. St Peter's begins in the late 1700s, and the fact that they are indexed is just great. Much easier to use!
Work is the curse of the drinking classes

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:05 am

Can't wait for St. Peters!

I haven't had much luck with Nellfield as the cut off date of 1892 is too early for my family, but it's great to have these records online!

donna petrie

Post by donna petrie » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:22 pm

hello: I am interested in your Munros. My son-in-law is from the Munros who went from Kirkmicheal Banff to Crathie, Bramar Aberdeenshire then to Canada. Names Hary Munro ( janet Grant) , son James ( Margaret Clark) (1800-1877) , son Charles ( Mary anne Driscoll)( 1843-1917). This is only the direct line I do have names of siblings. Do we have any common people?

donna
Fisher Slimman Murray Dow Dickson Liverance Scoular, Duncan Mclaughlin Hunter Buchanan, Petrie, Millar Wallace Foote Henderson LIndsay
Smith, Mains, Huldberg Wilkes Morris Islay Ponter Murray Miller Whitten Irvine

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi Donna,

Unfortunately, I don't think we have anyone in common. My Munros start with Malcolm Sr. who was born about 1780 near Belhelvie. All of his family that I have found were from Belhelvie until the younger generations moved into Aberdeen. I don't have a positive birth record for him so it's possible that he was born some where else and moved to Belhelvie. The 1841 Census does show him as born in Aberdeenshire.

I have many of the children, grand children etc. and I don't recognize any of the names that you gave. As far as I know the only Munros who immigrated in my family were my grandmother Isabella and her sister Mary and they both came over to the USA.

tishgibbons

Post by tishgibbons » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Donna,

I have Munro connections in Crathie - perhaps you are connected? From my Mitchell ancestors, one Helen Alexander MITCHELL (b. 1893 Crathie) married Donald Munro (b.1888) on the 6th February 1918 at Tynabaich Cottage. He was the son of David MUNRO and Williamina FRASER. I have found no record of them after this date. Any connection?

Regards

Tish
Researching Mitchell Grassick Bowman Farquharson Wilson Allanach Leys Coutts Gauld McNerney from Crathie and Braemar, Strathdon and Glenbuchat and who moved on to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Ireland, Australia, India, Canada.

donna petrie

Post by donna petrie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi; I will check it out and get back to you. The decendents of Charles Munro moved to Canada, however i have been in contact with another person who has lots of info. Donna
Fisher Slimman Murray Dow Dickson Liverance Scoular, Duncan Mclaughlin Hunter Buchanan, Petrie, Millar Wallace Foote Henderson LIndsay
Smith, Mains, Huldberg Wilkes Morris Islay Ponter Murray Miller Whitten Irvine

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone heard any more about when the remaining Aberdeen burial records will be posted? They were supposed to come online in June and July, but it's August and nothing new has arrived. I emailed deceasedonline.com last week and asked them, but haven't received an answer.

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:52 am

Hi again,

I had a reply from deceasedonline this morning saying that the majority of the remaining cemetery records should be released soon but that St. Peter's was proving more challenging for the datacapture people and might not be released until later in the year. Sigh!

I'll keep waiting.