Are these your Sinclair ancestors???

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

garydevine1995

Re: Are these your Sinclair ancestors???

Post by garydevine1995 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:12 am

do you have any sort of record coming from crieff or perthshire at all, Muthill, Comrie, Crieff and Aberfeldy is a common one with my family.

Names too, maybe mary named some of her children after her siblings. when did she get married and what was her first childrens name and then her second?

Gary
Scotland - SINCLAIR/ALLISON/MCALLUM/ROY/DONALDSON
Ireland - DEVINE/MCGARRY/MULLEN/MULDOON

John Gourlay

Post by John Gourlay » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 am

Gary

I think my Sinclair are a different family to yours. No links with Perthshire, that I can find with this one.

My Mary Sinclair married 1/5/1760 and had 7 children with Robert Sand[s] between 1761 and 1773. They were all born in Arbroath, Angus and their names were; Anna, John, James, Mary, Elizabeth, Robert and Katherine.

regards
John Gourlay

garydevine1995

Post by garydevine1995 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:04 pm

i dont really see a connection there hahaha

Sorry.

Gary

DeborahM

Post by DeborahM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Gary,
Have tried to reply to you regarding email and update on Roy family , but have failed miserably I feel.
Would love any photos you may have of my Sinclair and Roy families.
I am trying to update the Roy family line so any assistance would be fabulous. I will post the information I currently have about the Roys hoping for anyones input.
Helen Roy married to Peter Sinclair
Alexander Roy 1823 Married to Christian Reid 1823
John Roy married to Helen Brown
Regards Deborah

garydevine1995

Post by garydevine1995 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Deborah, dont waste your money on the Roys,

I have found 3 people on genes reunited that come from the roy line and two of them have gotten back to c1675, thats the furthest it goes, they all come from perthshire so i will send you the document i have right away :)

I suppose you can look the roys up if you want to to get the certificates but i havent bothered,

Gary

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi Gary (& Deborah)

It is never a good idea just to adopt someone else's research without checking it very carefully yourself first - don't believe something until you have checked it over and found it to be sound and backed the info up with solid documentation... there are many family trees on the internet which contain basic errors and can be very misleading to newcomers.

I am not trying to encourage you to spend money! It will admittedly in all liklihood cost some money to prove the data (if you are relying on online databases such as SP, Ancestry, FMP & etc or even if travelling to archives), but I feel the money spent is well worth it if you are then in a position to know that the information you hold on a family can be proven; "back to c1675" means little to a family historian without the supporting documentation! :D

Best wishes
Lesley

DeborahM

Post by DeborahM » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:32 am

Gary
Many many thanks for all your wonderful pictures and information. Wow! you certainly have put a lot of effort in.
I will keep working and searching for my Dads geneology results and will now hopefully be able to continue on the MacNiven line of searching for the long lost Rels....
I would love to be able to be of assistance to you or others with the information I have gathered.
Thanks again Long Lost Relative.....
Any other photos or information you may have of our families would be greatly appreciated
Deborah

Familysinclair

Post by Familysinclair » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:14 am

Hi Gary, I think we share some of the same ancestors my great grandfather was Peter sinclair who was married to Sarah.

sinclair46

Post by sinclair46 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi familysinclair seems to be a lot of us PETER AND SARAH MaCallum were my grans parents

Familysinclair

Post by Familysinclair » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:41 pm

sinclair46 wrote:Hi familysinclair seems to be a lot of us PETER AND SARAH MaCallum were my grans parents
hi have tried to pm you although isn't allowing me to send, I will try and work out how to do it right nice to hear from you
Kind regards
Familysinclair