Not Genealogy but Family

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Andy

Not Genealogy but Family

Post by Andy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:39 pm

I did a search for Sponsorship on the site and got one hit regarding the Moonwalk so I figure it's okay to post the following.

In June 2012 my daughter, Colleen, will be climbing Kilimanjaro to raise money for Ardgown Hospice, Greenock. The Hospice cares for more than 500 individuals each year living in Greenock, Port Glasgow, Kilmacolm, Gourock, Inverkip and Wemyss Bay.

All services are free of charge.

Their annual running costs are in excess of £2.7 million. They receive in the region of 40% of these costs from the local NHS and must, therefore, raise approximately £4,500 each and every day of the year through their own resources.

Colleen's initial target is to raise £1 per metre above sea level - £5895.

I've set up a website for her http://www.colleenclimbskili.org.uk and humbly urge kind souls to have a read about her altruistic adventure and perhaps contribute towards her chosen, worthwhile, cause, or just to spread the word.

Thanks (in anticipation),

Andy Keogh
Searching for Keogh, Kelly, Fitzgerald, Riddell, Stewart, Wilson, McQuilkin, Lynch, Boyle, Cairney, Ross, King, McIlravey, McCurdy, Drennan and Woods (to name but a few).

Also looking for any information on Rathlin Island, County Antrim, Ireland.