Find My Past - free access this weekend

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

LesleyB

Find My Past - free access this weekend

Post by LesleyB » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Just received this via email, and I'm assuming it will be the same for anyone with a FMP log in :

We’re giving you the chance to bring your past to life this weekend by opening up our historical record sets and giving you FREE access to billions of records from all over the world.

From midday, Friday November 7th to midday on Monday, November 10th (GMT), you’ll be able to access:

•Global record sets that include census, birth, marriage, death and travel records amongst many more
•Historical newspapers stretching as far back as 1710
•Military records, including our WW1 collections, so that everyone has the chance to trace their family this Remembrance weekend
There is no need to do anything to your account, just sign in as normal over the weekend and you’ll be able to explore our record sets from around the world. If you've forgotten your password, click here to get a reminder.

In addition, you can tune in to our free Remembrance Weekend Live Broadcast at 3pm on Saturday, November 8th (GMT), where some of our family history experts will be giving you advice to help you make the most of your research.

To find out more about the Free Weekend and our Live Broadcast, visit findmypast.co.uk/freeweekend today.

Thanks,

The Findmypast team

garibaldired

Re: Find My Past - free access this weekend

Post by garibaldired » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:21 pm

Just received my email notification too.

I wonder how busy the site will be!
Happy hunting.

Best wishes,
Meg

jgmills

Re: Find My Past - free access this weekend

Post by jgmills » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:44 am

And for the first Time that I'm aware of, anyone already paying a subscription will get extra days added to the length of their subscription, so it is at least free for everyone. =D>