Henderson Shoemakers from Dumfries

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Moraig

Henderson Shoemakers from Dumfries

Post by Moraig » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Hello, this is my first post - just joined. What a great resource for family history researchers.

I wonder if anyone is also researching my branch of the Henderson's from Dumfries. I have tracked them back to a Patrick Henderson whose wife was Margaret Taitt (Tait). I have tracked them via Scotland's People on various birth, marriage and death certs. However then the trail goes cold.

There are no Patrick's born or married in Dumfries, so I'm guessing that he may have moved there. Can anyone help?

Moraig

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Re: Henderson Shoemakers from Dumfries

Post by HeatherH » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:38 pm

Welcome to Talking Scot Moraig. Can you give is an idea of the time frame for Patrick and Margaret living in Dumfries?
Cheers
Heather
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

Moraig

Post by Moraig » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi Heather, Thanks for asking and for the welcome. THey should roughly both have been born in the 1720's, but can't find anything. They were married in 1747 in Dumfries. Thanks in advance for any advice. MOraig

Mariealyce

Post by Mariealyce » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 am

Hi Moraig
I also have Hendersons from Dumfries in my line that are also shoemakers. The oldest generation I can track is James Henderson and Mary Nicholson both born in 1813 in Dumfries. James's father is William Henderson but I don't have any further detail on him. Could they
be the descendants to the Patrick and Margaret you are tracing?
Mary B

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 am

Hello Mary B and [TS_welcome]

Moraig was last on the forum in September, but I hope the two of you can connect and trace back your Hendersons!

Best wishes,
Sarah