scotlands people

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

wini

scotlands people

Post by wini » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:43 am

I have changed my email address and can't log in to the above. I don't want to re register as need tolook up a previous search. Can you help please

wini
Munro, McPhee, Gunn, Reid, McCreadie, Jackson, Cree, McFarland,Gillies,Gebbie,McCallum,Dawson
Glasgow, Durness,Kilmuir via Uig, Logie Easter
Old Monkland

nelmit

Re: scotlands people

Post by nelmit » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi Wini,

You will need to use your old email address to log in to your account.

You can update your details once you are logged in.

Regards,
Annette

jgmills

Post by jgmills » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:03 am

Hi Wini,

As Annette says you can still use your old e-mail address as the username, but once logged in change your e-mail address in your profile to your new address so they can send you information or contact you. Your username for login in to the site will remain the old address.

If you still have problems, you can use the contact us link on their website. They are really very helpful. When the site changed to the new suppliers I was helping an Old chap, who had not used Scotlandspeople for so long he didn't know his - e-mail, passwords or old logins, however, after a few e-mails back and forward with Scotlandspeople, they managed to update his account manually, and he got back online.

John

Currie

Post by Currie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:46 am

I first registered at SP about 13 years ago but changed my email address shortly after and I was stuck with using the old email address as login until a couple of years ago when the new providers took over. I then followed the procedures as set out here and was able to start logging in with my then current email address without any complications. https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/tech ... logging-in

Just recently I again changed my email address via the “Personal details” page at SP and that is now the one I use to login.

Alan