Wilson/Raeburn ancestors/living descendants

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

AshWilson1986

Wilson/Raeburn ancestors/living descendants

Post by AshWilson1986 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:30 pm

Hi all

Im trying to trace for more info of my great great grandfather Peter Wilson b.1863 in Fintray, Aberdeen. He emigrated to Jamaica and that's where he settled, married and had a son(William Adolphus Wilson) and then in 1924 my Grandad was born in Jamaica then moved to London(im now in Scotland so weve gone full circle ;D). Tracing has been extremely difficult and lots of conflicting information. Would love to know if anyone has anymore info on Peter and his mother Mary. I've had a look at ancestry.com and a possible mother of Mary could be Catherine Raeburn b.1816 but im not so sure of this. Mary was born around I can't find a birth record for. Would be great to know if there any living descendants of any Wilsons and Raeburns especially any living descendants of Peter in the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area as he might have had a brother and sister(or either of). Any info on Peter Wilsons father would be a massive help and most appreciated. I've been told it's either Angus Wilson was Peters father or his father was also called Peter . Please help.

Regards
Ash Wilson