Nothing to do with Genealogy, but I am so losing it

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

sheilajim

Nothing to do with Genealogy, but I am so losing it

Post by sheilajim » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:28 pm

Hi All,

This has nothing to do with genealogy, but I think that I am losing it.

I am scheduled to have an eye operation at the end of February. Because I will be given a total anaesthetic, I thought that it was time for both my husband and I to have a physical. Last Monday we went for our physical, and the doctor said that I was overdue for a routine mammogram and bone density test. My husband is off work on Mondays so I told the nurse to schedule it for next Monday, which is today, thinking that hubby and I could have lunch in a restaurant after the tests were over.

She said somthing, which I didn't pay much attention to as she handed me two forms with the addresses and times of the appointments . I was somewhat dismayed to find that the tests were to be done at two different locations about a twenty minute or so freeway drive apart. One was scheduled for 9:30 A.M. and the other for 10:30 A.M.

Today when I got to the clinic for the first test, I noticed that there were quite a few people in the waiting room.
"Please take my test quickly. I have to be in Irvine for another test in an hour." I said, rather loudly to the person at the desk, as I handed her one of the forms.
She took the form and looked at it, giving me an odd look.
"I am sorry but today is not the nineteenth of February." She said.
"Oh my gosh!" :-s #-o :oops: I said looking at the form which she handed back to me. There in bold type was the date of my tests: February 19, 2007.
Everybody in the waiting room started laughing. I started laughing too, but I was thinking that everybody must think that I have Alzheimer's.

The trip wasn't a total waste, because they did the test anyway, while I giggled all the way through it.

My husband and I have decided to take a very small glass of red wine with our meals in the evening. Does anyone think that this might be the cause of my not checking the date of my appointment? [5 cups]

Sheila
Sheila

pinkshoes

Post by pinkshoes » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:50 pm

Naw Sheila - it's got nothin' to do with yer wee tipple. It's a direct result of a very active mind - multi-tasking, ambi-dextering and keeping everyone else straight at the same time. Look at the positives - you did remember you had an appointment and you did remember where it was - two out of three ain't bad.

Well that's my theory anyway :lol:

Glad your day wasn't wrecked, enjoy your tomorrow and don't even think you're losing it - you're not :!: (well if you are, you're in good company) :wink:

Best wishes
Pinkshoes

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:00 pm

2½/3 actually, it is Monday :!: :wink:

David

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:00 pm

Hi Sheila

I can understand your agitation when medical matters are thrust under your nose. Things take on an urgency which they don't always deserve - but try tellin that to your Adrenal glands. :shock:

As for the glass of wine being a factor :!: :?: I can manage similar responses without ANY red wine or any other beverage for that matter.
My difficulty is remembering which day of the week it is and when I have to check with the papers to establish the day not even the date then I begin to wonder if I have lost it completely.

Don't fret :( You're not alone out there.
The red wine is good for other parts of the system, so keep taking hearty medicinal doses as required. :D :D

Russell
Working on: Oman, Brock, Miller/Millar, in Caithness.
Roan/Rowan, Hastings, Sharp, Lapraik in Ayr & Kirkcudbrightshire.
Johnston, Reside, Lyle all over the place !
McGilvray(spelt 26 different ways)
Watson, Morton, Anderson, Tawse, in Kilrenny

sheilajim

Post by sheilajim » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi Pinkshoes, Russell, David,

You all make me feel better. :D There is nothing like good Scots sympathy. My husband,(who is not Scottish) wasn't any help at all. He had been laughing with every body else in the waiting room.
:oops:
When I said to him. "Tony we made a mistake in the date."
He replied. "WE! You mean you made a mistake." :evil:
This caused everybody in the waiting room to laugh all the louder!

Sheila

PS. Of course we only take the wine for medicinal purposes. We spent over an hour deciding which wine would be the healthiest the other day. :wink: :lol:
Sheila

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 pm

My husband and I have decided to take a very small glass of red wine with our meals in the evening. Does anyone think that this might be the cause of my not checking the date of my appointment?

Sheila
Hi Sheila,

Maybe the problems lies with a very small glass of red wine, if you had a bigger glass maybe this never would have happened?

Kidding aside, don't worry about the mixup with the date, it happens to everyone at one time or another. I get confused when I'm on vacation for 10 days in a row. :roll:

Besides its easy to get the dates mixed up, when you're working with so many on a daily basis, as we all are. At least you didn't write the day as 5 February 1907!

Cheers [pour-drink]
Marilyn
Last edited by marilyn morning on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:34 pm

Ah didnae say Ah wisnae laughin :!: [5 cups]

David

sheilajim

Post by sheilajim » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:50 am

Hi Marilyn

Maybe we will get larger wine glasses. [cheers] You are right about one thing, I am surprised that I got the right century, what with chasing my old rellies around.

I still think that my husband could have done the gentlemanly thing and shared the blame with me. :evil:

David, I am not sure what you mean :!: [-X

Regards

Sheila
Sheila

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:12 am

Hi Marilyn

Maybe we will get larger wine glasses. You are right about one thing, I am surprised that I got the right century, what with chasing my old rellies around.

I still think that my husband could have done the gentlemanly thing and shared the blame with me.

David, I am not sure what you mean

Regards

Sheila
Hello Sheila,

Of course your husband could have behaved much differently!! Shame on him. :lol:

Last week I called Blue Cross (Health Insurance Provider) and of course a recording answered the phone, telling me, that all the representatives were busy at the moment (what else is new) to please enter my membership ID #.
Followed by my 8 digit birthdate, which I keyed in and then waited a few minutes for the next representative to answer. And when she did, she wasn't able to keep her composure. :lol: She asked if I was Marilyn Morning, at which I replied "yes." She then asked how I was feeling? I thought this was a rather strange question, after all we didn't know one another. Next she asked me to repeat my birthdate, which I did and then she said "ah ha" I see the mistake. What mistake?
I had entered my birth as * * 1856! :shock:

Oh and then there was the day, my bank called and asked if it was "OK" to clear my check dated 1902............

Regards
Marilyn

sheilajim

Post by sheilajim » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:10 am

Hi Marilyn

At least the people at your bank noticed that the date was a bit off. :o I have worked in accounting for years and you would be surprised how many don't.

Your stories prove it. We can blame the mixing up of dates on the problems we have chasing down all our old rellies, especially the ones who were so inconsiderate as to move all over Scotland, instead of staying in one place, not to mention getting married, or baptized (when and if they did) in places where they didn't keep good records. Worst of all in my case, are the ones that went back and forth to Ireland.

It is enough to drive a person to making that Xmas Fruitcake from that recipe that you gave at the Christmas Party. :lol: At least I think it was you who gave out that recipe.

Cheers [cheers]

Sheila
Sheila