Scotlands best bus shelter !

Stories memories and people

Moderators: Global Moderators, AnneM

Tracey
Global Moderator

Scotlands best bus shelter !

Post by Tracey » Sun May 18, 2008 10:52 am

Nothing To See Here is a collaborative guide to some of the world's lesser-signposted places to go - attractions that may not be all that attractive; coastal towns they forgot to close down; high streets that haven't been homogenised; oddities and one-offs. The sort of places that are overlooked by guide books and given the bodyswerve by the tourist board. Places that still have a certain charm, a bit of je-ne-sais-quoi about them. They're a little bit special. No Been There, Done That, Bought The T-Shirt kind of places here. They won't cost much (if anything) to get in and you'll come away feeling a little bit richer. Plus there's plenty of peace to enjoy them.
As you do (or i do) i got side tracked searching for something and came accross this site and thought you might like to check out Britains best bus shelter http://www.nothingtoseehere.net/2006/06/post.html :) .
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Sun May 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Great stop, Tracey. Wonder what the TV reception is like?

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sun May 18, 2008 11:08 pm

paddyscar wrote:Wonder what the TV reception is like?
Probably very good for analog TV reception (4 channels only; no Channel 5 broadcast). The Baltasound relay transmitter is about a mile away. No digital recetion proposed until 2010.

All the best,

AndrewP

Chris Paton

Post by Chris Paton » Sun May 18, 2008 11:51 pm

My kids think the best bus stop is the one on the main road in Largs, probably because sitting beside it is the Bus Stop Toy Shop! My two boys, guaranteed to drive their parents to bankruptcy...! :)

TV reception sounds like it should be OK in Unst, though the air conditioning must be a laugh and a half to control... :shock:

Chris
Tha an lasair nad anam aig meadhan do bhith
Nas làidir 's nas motha na riaghaltas no rìgh.

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Mon May 19, 2008 4:25 am

With all that water in the background, would it be suitable for the upcoming beach party?

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sat May 23, 2009 2:14 am

I was cycling around the Orkney's last year and actually came across a bus stop much the same as the one featured except that it was solar powered. I'm not kidding. It was in the centre of the middle of no where without a person or hardly a place in sight on the road to not a lot. Have a look, http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/885124
M
Morris (formerly Morrice) of Fife and Geekie of Scone

dizzybint

Re: Scotlands best bus shelter !

Post by dizzybint » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:50 pm

theres a bus stop in Helensburgh.. please dont laugh , its right at the end of the pier.. and a down and out lives in it. IM not living at the soul living there, but to put a bus stop on a pier of this size..