My Clydebank Photos

Stories memories and people

Moderators: Global Moderators, AnneM

Owen

Re: My Clydebank Photos

Post by Owen » Tue May 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Hello Alan,
Yes, there is something about a black and white photo and at that time, a lot easier to process in the darkroom than colour. Now it's all digital which isn't a bad thing as it is a lot less expensive and you can experiment more with your photographs. There is also something fascinating about watching buildings being demolished, all that work to build, then demolished in a few days till there is no trace of it, only memories, and photographs of course. Thank you for having a look at my website.

Owen
Owen at My Clydebank Photos

Owen

Post by Owen » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:19 am

Hello everybody.
I have now turned 60 and my family bought me a new camera, a Nikon D5100 DSLR which is great. I was in Glasgow and saw this group of street performers called Clanadonia, and made a video of them with my new camera. You can watch it on You Tube at http://youtu.be/K8rd9NduRVA.
It fairly gets your blood moving!

Currie

Post by Currie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 am

Hello Owen.

That was really tremendous, the elderly looking gent is enough to put the fear of God into anybody. I ran it full screen at 1080 for a while but my connection speed couldn’t cope, or maybe my computer got scared, and I had to cut it back.

The camera takes a great video. 16.2MP with a lens to match, not like some of the 16.2s and thereabouts you see for sale.

All the best,
Alan

Owen

Post by Owen » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Hello Alan.
Yes, very scary guy! My friend makes music videos among other things and this guy was one of the characters in one of the videos and was very scary for my friend.
Its a great camera and I am enjoying learning how it all works although it takes a bit of a slagging on the camera forums because you have no manual control over the video, but its not a video camera, its a photo camera that can also take video. My last little camera had no manual control over the video also, so it is no different for me, but my new camera is a lot better on quality. I have my bus pass now too so I can get out a bit more and take photos. Thank you for commenting.

All the best.

Owen

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

:D I would just like to wish everyone on TalkingScot, a very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2012.
Owen [cheers]

joette
Global Moderator

Post by joette » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:40 am

All the best for 2012 Owen & thanks for your photos & contributions.Lang may your lum reek.
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

Owen

Post by Owen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks Joette, and all the best in 2012.

Owen

Post by Owen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:10 am

There's a great amount of banter going on in FaceBook on a page called 'Call Yerself A Bankie' so if you are a bankie or ex-bankie, you should check it out. Some great photos and stories turning up.

joette
Global Moderator

Post by joette » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 am

Yes I'm on there Owen & have seen your photos there.
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

SueRS

Post by SueRS » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:41 am

Hi Allan, Owen, Ina and Joette and anyone else interested,

Clydebank Heritage Centre are planning an exhibition next March for the 75th anniversary of the Clydebank Blitz which will last all year. We're holding a meeting on 22nd September to gather everyone's thoughts on how to commemorate it and set up a project group. We have some ideas of our own but want to get as many people involved as possible, people who lived through it or who were brought up hearing stories about it, or who live elsewhere because of it etc. There will be two meetings, so that everyone can come, on Tuesday 22nd September at 4pm and 6pm in Clydebank Library. Please do come and also spread the word.

Part of the plan is collect more oral histories so some of the things you've been talking about here would be most welcome.

Sue