Ah belong ...

Stories memories and people

Moderators: Global Moderators, AnneM

Moonwatcher

Post by Moonwatcher » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:37 am

Davie wrote: "...frequently used Glaswegian terms (See Glesca Patter No.?) "

Furr the record it wiz Patter number 7 Davie - How could ah ever furget. It'll bae comin up in a few days! Intererstin tae see how it fares this time roon! :)

Bob.

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:01 pm

xxx
Last edited by DavidWW on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moonwatcher

Patter 7

Post by Moonwatcher » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:00 pm

Davie wrote; "My problem above was the frequency of usage of one particular term and its grammatical variants; and the intrusion of one other possibly offensive term ............. <vbg> "

:cry: Problem? I didn't realise you had a problem with it Davie. In fact your laughter drowned out the others I'm sure :D

Bob.

BillyF

excellent guys

Post by BillyF » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:08 pm

pure dead brilliant by the way, I found masel wie a boston /glesga accent there noy fur the lite hearted but. good craic guys
billy
researching the Fleming,Bennett,Brannigan,Mooney,McIlroy, Stewart & Gamble families

HK

Post by HK » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:25 pm

Yees b'y an if we trowed in some "Newf" here and der we'd ave a right time.
(for this I'll sign out with my Newfie name)
'Eader 'Aliday Inn :D

mesklin

Post by mesklin » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:31 am

It's been an education

Bye

Dave

Scozzie

Post by Scozzie » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:36 pm

A group of American tourists were having lunch in Auchenshoogle. They said to the waitress that they were having a bit of a problem with the language, and could she please pronounce, slowly and carefully, the name of the place. "Och, nae problem......... BurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrKing!"
Adam/Aird/Bell/Beveridge/Clark/Davidson/Dunn/Millar/Morning/ McKinlay/McVake/McVickers/Pryde/Robertson..... and Smith!

rye470

Post by rye470 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:25 am

Scozzie,

Are you trying to imply something about folk fae "the Shoogle"?. Don't let my Auntie Agnes, Auntie Isa, or Matty next door hear you if you are. They'll have you in Dalbeth Cemetery before you can blink an eyelid.

The No. 64 to Auchenshuggle. If I had a penny for every time I rode that bus. And going in the other direction to Scotstoun West, I was at my Granny McCulloch's. Oh the memories.

My Granny Grant lived at 2 Downfield Street, Auchenshuggle from 1927 until her death in 1978, but my Auntie Agnes still lives there today. My Auntie Isa is across the road at No. 1, and Matty next door has been there for as long as I can remember.

If you're ever in the area, drop in and say hello. Tell her Christine sent you. Aye, Tommy's lassie.

Christine.
Fyfe,Binnie,Stewart,McEwan -Fife, Perthshire, Clackmannanshire.
McFarlane,Reid - Dunbartonshire.
Alexander,Dawson,Hamill,Kennedy,McCulloch - Donegal,Down, Armagh to Renfrewshire,Lanarkshire.

Scozzie

Post by Scozzie » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:23 am

No rellies in Shoogle, but I can claim a few from Auchtermuchty! Maybe I should edit my daft joke? I'd love to go visit, but Shoogle is a long way from Melbourne Oz. :oops:
Adam/Aird/Bell/Beveridge/Clark/Davidson/Dunn/Millar/Morning/ McKinlay/McVake/McVickers/Pryde/Robertson..... and Smith!