Regional Meet Ups

Stories memories and people

Moderators: Global Moderators, AnneM

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:20 am

Hello Sarah,

I never did get that pm to you today, so I'm posting the message here.

When I said that I had no experience with NEGHS, that was not entirely true. Early in March of 2006, I was in contact with the on-line genealogist of NEGHS, David Lambert. We discussed a write-up for TalkingScot on his blog.

"See"

http://davidlambertblog.com/?m=200603

My suggestion would be to contact David Lambert

http://www.newenglandancestors.org/rese ... logist.asp

Perhaps he'll be able to shed some light on this subject, prior to your impending visit?

If he doesn't answer your reply in a timely manner, let me know and I'll give him a jingle.

In the meanwhile, I'll contact the Massachusetts Archives and see what I can find out about those Probate Records of Hampden County.

Regards
Marilyn

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:45 am

marilyn morning wrote:Early in March of 2006, I was in contact with the on-line genealogist of NEGHS, David Lambert. We discussed a write-up for TalkingScot on his blog.
And that, in fact, is how I found out about Talking Scot! :D \:D/

That's a good suggestion, I'll write and get some more concrete ideas of what I should look for. I also have lots of ancestors in Connecticut and a few in Vermont who are causing problems :? So I really have to just choose a few questions and concentrate on them (not my strong point... I tend to go in all directions at once :lol:

All the best,
Sarah

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:26 am

Sarah wrote
And that, in fact, is how I found out about Talking Scot!
Hi Sarah,

I was wondering how many new members joined, because of David Lambert's write up. Small world.

Regards
Marilyn

pinkshoes

Post by pinkshoes » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Calling All Yorkies!

Just a reminder that we're meeting up this Sunday 21st in York. Hope everyone's still up for it. :lol:

If anyone new from the Yorkshire area is reading this and wants to come along, send me a pm and I'll let you have details of venue etc.

Best Wishes
Pinkshoes

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi

We need to get the Aberdeen and NE people together. Do you all want to pm me if you are interested and then we can start the ball rolling about finding a date and time.

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

AnnieMack

Auchterarder and surrounds

Post by AnnieMack » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:48 pm

I am in Auchterarder but mobile lol if there are any Scottish meets happening at weekends then ahm yer wummin!

Annie :lol:
Searching: Pow - Stirlingshire, Pender - Paisley, Gray - Alva, Paisley, Elderslie, Canning - Stirling, Morrison, Innes and Wilson - Glasgow to name a few!

www.dundeereptheatre.co.uk home to Scotland's only full time ensemble

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:32 pm

Annie

I think we'll be going for a weekend meet so if you fancy a trip North I'll put you on the list, which is not very long yet!!

Anne

PS Unless it would be too confusing with 2 people with such similar names!!!
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

AnnieMack

Post by AnnieMack » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:21 am

Oh I could always be Jemima or summat, pity theres not an Agnes/Senga possibility with our name eh? :lol:

I'd love to come north - it would give me a chance to try out my new sat nav that Santa brought.

Annie :D
Searching: Pow - Stirlingshire, Pender - Paisley, Gray - Alva, Paisley, Elderslie, Canning - Stirling, Morrison, Innes and Wilson - Glasgow to name a few!

www.dundeereptheatre.co.uk home to Scotland's only full time ensemble

Pandabean

Post by Pandabean » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:02 pm

Sounds good. Are there many people in this area on the forum?

Andy
AnneM wrote:Hi

We need to get the Aberdeen and NE people together. Do you all want to pm me if you are interested and then we can start the ball rolling about finding a date and time.

Anne
Andy
[size=75]
[b]McDonald[/b]
[b]Greenlees & Fairnie[/b] (Musselburgh area)
[b]Johnston, Whitson, Whitecross, Runciman [/b] (Haddingtonshire)
[b]Rutherford [/b](Dumbartonshire, Airth & Larbert)
[b]Ross, Stevenson & Robb[/b](Falkirk)[/size]

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi again to all in the general vicinity or spitting distance of Aberdeen.

I've tried to pm everyone who expressed any interest now as not everyone has been on the board since I posted last time.

What I was thinking of was a meeting one weekend, probably at lunchtime to give people who are travelling a chance to get here/home in relative light. I was envisaging a mainly social event but if anyone else has other ideas please let me know.

Would be good to meet the other local TS people.

Anne

Great. Counting me we've now got a potential five but the more the merrier so if you are in Aberdeen or reasonably nearby roll up, roll up....
Anne