Help with Legacy

The technical section

Moderator: Global Moderators

Shortfuse

Help with Legacy

Post by Shortfuse » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi
Could anyone with experience of Legacy help with my probem ?
One of my relations married in 1857 and had four children then his wife died , he then married a widow in 1865 who also had two children
from a previous marriage. This couple then went on to have another six children. :shock:
In Legacy I've managed to enter both marriages but how do you enter the children to the correct mother /father ? Finding this hard to explain but if you print out any family groups its not always showing the correct parents. I've tried to find an answer in help but unable to come up with anything
regards to all sf

LesleyB

Re: Help with Legacy

Post by LesleyB » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi shortfuse

In Legacy, if I am understanding what you are trying to do, the children should be entered when you can see the correct couple in the centre (husband, wife, or whatever you have decided to call them, boxes). In this way there should be three groups of children; those to the first wife, those the second wife had with her previous husband and those the couple had together. At this point you do not see all the kids at the one time...however, if you require to see all children i.e kids to that couple and any half-siblings those kids have, right click on any child in the kids area, choose View > Show 1/2 kids.

There is an option in the individual report options to show children of each spouse - is that maybe what you are looking for? It seems to be greyed out as an option when creating family group sheets. Hope this is of some help.

Best wishes
Lesley

Shortfuse

Re: Help with Legacy

Post by Shortfuse » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi Lesley
Many thanks for your quick reply. I think you have solved my problem, unable to try right now as kitchen becons but now I see what I should be doing ( I think )
thank you again sf