Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2013)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

dot-it

Re: Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2013)

Post by dot-it » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 am

I honestly don't remember. I came here often but never signed up until last month.

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am

Welcome to the world of the visible members! :lol:

Best wishes,
Sarah

starmora

Post by starmora » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:17 pm

I found this site last week when I was doing a search of the names of my 4x greatgrandparents. After skimming through a few of the boards, well wow, wish I had found this sooner as have been working on my family tree off and on since 2007, and much more intensely since having my DNA tested a few years ago. A happy find!

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Hello starmora and [TS_welcome]

So glad you found us and I'm pleased to see you have already found a relative!

Best wishes,

Sarah

starmora

Post by starmora » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:57 am

SarahND wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 pm
Hello starmora and [TS_welcome]

So glad you found us and I'm pleased to see you have already found a relative!

Best wishes,

Sarah
Thank you, Sarah!
Have had lots of fun going through some of the trove of info posted on the site!

MoyraL

Post by MoyraL » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:32 am

I've just reregistered under a new name after a previous incarnation as 'littlealison' until about 2013 when I wrote an article about bottlemaking ('The Bottlemakers').... no idea now how I first got here!

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Fri May 01, 2020 11:37 pm

HELLO !!
Its been quite some time....long story but the short part is i changed laptops and bought me a Apple MacBook pro. MacBook Pro didnt like my family history software - the free one who's name escapes me :oops:. I tried to use the Mac one but it was hard work and hard to use. So, the short of it was i lost patience and my FH mojo.............im still using the same Mac so nothings changed except its about to die its so old. I sort of fear ive lost all my information on what software i had as Apple has upgraded many times and things are no longer compatable or useable. To say i got fed up is an understatement. I gave up. I also got to a point where i couldnt knock down certain brick walls. It became frustrating.
Over the recent years a lovely lady contacted me who was the best thing that has happened to me, she was my missing link. It rekindled my curiosity but ive almost forgot what to do, where to look, every website has changed. I don't remember where ive uploaded my tree to..........

Furlough is a good excuse to start to get nosy again ( once ive finished painting !).

I look forward to being an active member again in one way or another !

I have missed you !
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sat May 02, 2020 7:06 am

Grand to see you back Tracey. You have had a bumpy run of things with your Mac. I have never owned a Mac. At our work, we have over 100 PCs, and 3 MacBook Pros. I can deal with the PCs (most of them not in their first flush of youth), but not the Macs. It may be that I have not tried, and not had to so far. The manager of our company global IT section decided that the Managing Director, Financial Director and one other should have Macs. The two directors struggle on with their Macs, getting used to them, but also getting used to what they cannot do (or haven't found the way to do). The third Mac user is quietly getting on with his. Out there, there are those who love their Macs. I believe they are the best thing for publishing, music and the like.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your re-acquaintance with family history research, particularly in these strange times that we are currently in.

Take care,

AndrewP

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Sat May 02, 2020 9:14 am

Hi Tracey, welcome back!
AndrewP wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:06 am
Out there, there are those who love their Macs. I believe they are the best thing for publishing, music and the like.
I have always had a Mac since the very beginning when I was in graduate school in the 1980s. It was perfect for the sound analysis I was doing at the time as well as having simple and intuitive word processing options. It has got a bit more complicated with the years (as has all computer software,) but I have always been and am still completely lost on a PC... :lol:

It's whatever you're used to!

Best wishes,
Sarah

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Sun May 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Well, i managed to find old gedcoms to upload to new trees ( Ancestry etc) but the latest back up one didnt work. That had all notes ect on it but all is not lost, the others worked and maybe once i get my bearings back ill see my old notes ! I know i uploaded my tree to different sites but lord knows which ones. Its amazing how much has changed and how much i forgot. My interest wained when no mater how hard i tried i just couldnt find the death of Harry / Henry Richards. I hope, once i get to grips with what once was and my addiction returns, that furlough isnt over !

Tx
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings