Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2008)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

AndrewP
Site Admin

Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2008)

Post by AndrewP » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:27 pm

Here at TalkingScot it is great to see so many new members joining up. We'd love to know how you found us. That can help us target future advertising more effectively.

We asked the same question last year .... and the year before ... and the year before that! It is always interesting to find out where in the world our TalkingScot members come from and how they heard about us.

All the best,

AndrewP

simbasgang

Post by simbasgang » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi there, I was surfing AOL looking for a Scottish forum that could maybe help out with my Scottish family history----and found this one right away!! Regards Sheilah

Merlot
Global Moderator

Post by Merlot » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi Sheilah,

Welcome to TalkingScot, hope we can help you to break down some of your brick walls.

Cheers,
Merlot
Researching:- Cameron, McMillan, Gray, McLean, More, Hastie, McLiver, Dunipace.....

ihenderson73

Post by ihenderson73 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi there

I joined TalkingScot a couple of years ago, having found the link on the ScotlandsPeople website. I find this a really useful resource for helping me with my research.

Ian
Currently researching: Henderson, Bennet, Brown, Callan, Carruthers, Chisholm, Crow, Gray, Grierson, McAlister, McDonald, Moffat, Morris, Morrison, Muir, Peck, Ross, Sharp, Taylor, Walker, White. And lots, lots more :)

theKiwi

How I found TalkingScot

Post by theKiwi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:34 pm

I joined in March 2007 when I was alerted to this post

viewtopic.php?t=8580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=3

in this thread

viewtopic.php?t=8580

that referenced my genealogy web site. I'm related to the Glass family that thread was about, and as it turns out to the original poster (Maple23) in that thread.

One of these days I'll get to enunciating my brick wall clearly to see what the collective brain power and cunningness here can come up with.

Cheers

Roger
Searching: Admiston, Breingan, Cairns, Clark, Dewar, Houliston, Moffat, Nicol, Stoddart, Wright and plenty of others..., see

http://roger.lisaandroger.com/
http://houliston.lisaandroger.com/
http://genealogy.ClanMoffat.org/

pennyb04

Post by pennyb04 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:34 pm

I found it through ScotlandsPeople, have only browsed a couple of times but am impressed with the help that seems to be out there!
researching - lanarkshire and stirlingshire - mccluskie, bell, johnston, dick, lochrie, hamilton, gilfillan, bryden, downie, shearer, mckelvie, sparks, donnelly, rankin, duguid and many more.

Ina
Global Moderator

Post by Ina » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi Penny,

Welcome to [talkingscot]

I'm sure you will find our members to be a friendly bunch and willing to help whenever they can.

Happy searching.

Ina

kirsty1st

Post by kirsty1st » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 pm

i found you on scotlandspeople website and i'm very thankful i did cause one of your lovely members took the time to research my grandfather on my dads side and found his birth certificate and sent me the details which helped me discover generation of stewarts back to 1750 so far.

i'd been struggling for about 2 years as no one on this side would help me and my dad died suddenly in 2005 i never got to ask him.

thanks again and keep up the good work. :D

kirsty.x
researching-
stewart, shepherds, wilsons,todds and many more

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi Kirsty,

Glad you found us and happy to hear of your possitive experience with [talkingscot] Keep the questions coming :)

Regards,
Anne H

Brookes

Post by Brookes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi I found the site through Scotland's people and thought it looked very interesting and everyone seems to be very helpful.

Presently trying to research Richardson, Davidson, Gellatly, Littlejohn, Currie and Weir.

Helen Brookes