Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2010)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

SarahND
Site Admin

Re: Where did you hear of TalkingScot (2010)

Post by SarahND » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 am

Hello Trevor and a warm welcome to [talkingscot]

We're glad you found us and look forward to having a crack at your brick walls!

All the best,
Sarah

(P.S. I edited your email address so the spam bots won't pick up on it)

Alan SHARP

Post by Alan SHARP » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Welcome Trevor.

When I signed up first, I made great use of the on site search tool. (Icon top right in the TS banner.) It is so easy overlooked as we eagerly scroll down to read through the forum threads. Been there done that. But well worth the effort as very odd bits of research option info turns up. In my case, I had never before seen reference to the Horse Tax records.

Happy hunting.

Alan SHARP.

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi Sarah,

You or Trevor might also want to edit viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15394&p=122853#p122853

Best wishes,
Annette

GoughLairdRennie

Post by GoughLairdRennie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:39 am

Hi
Yesterday I was googling a gg grandmother's surname: MacFadyen [m. Hill] Glasgow, and came upon a site that was explaining all the different spellings for this name and that that although there are many Scots with this name, there are also many Irish, so this may prove a longer search than I thought! Anyhow that site also mentioned your site. So here I am and glad to be here!

Also I am hoping to find out about the many Scottish Masonic Lodges and other lodges in Scotland where my great grandfather had membership. There seems to be no main topic stream for "Scottish Societies, Lodges, Organisations" - which I think would be a good main topic, especially for those whose ancestors emigrated and who often joined Scottish associations before leaving to keep in touch with home and find new Scottish compatriats in the new country. What do you think?

All the best
Julie

MarionRobertson

Post by MarionRobertson » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:46 am

I heard of you through the sunnygovan website that is a website for all us people who originally came from Govan.
regards Marion Robertson

Will M

Post by Will M » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 am

While researching a presentation sword, part of the inscription I searched was" Midlothian" and the search engine had a post from this site.
This has been the best site I have found in a long time, your members kind and very willing to help out. I am impressed!!
I talk about this forum in the best ways on other forums that I am a member of, so they also can enjoy this great forum.
WELL DONE!!

BritishPower

Post by BritishPower » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi, Administration - congratulations on an intriguing forum ! A Yorkshire member copied me in on a topic raised concerning an Ayrshire query, as I live in Ayrshire, In order to respond to the query I applied for membership. Glad I did as an initial scan indicated TS to be an extremely interesting forum for me and one in which I hope to possibly make further contributions in the future.

Angus Mac Kinnon

Colinaffleck

Post by Colinaffleck » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Hello all! Frankly, and like so much else, I just stumbled over the Talking Scot site while doing a bit of research on the origins of the Auchinlecks. But it looks great and I'll be passing it on to some others who will like what they see. All the best.
Colin Affleck
L'Orignal, Ontario, Canada

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Hello Colin and welcome to [talkingscot]
Glad you found us! We look forward to having a go at smashing down your brick walls...

All the best,
Sarah

geneve

Post by geneve » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Like many others, I came via Google. I was searching Croft James, Skye of Curr when I found a post on Talking Scot