Post by LesleyB » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi all
May be of help to someone:
Free Cheshire Bishops records on LDS Pilot site - no images:
Cheshire Bishops Transcripts 1598 - 1900,
Cheshire non-conformists 1691 - 1900
Cheshire Parish Registers 1598 - 2000

http://pilot.familysearch.org/
- to search a specific set of data click on browse our record collections and select the county and record set you wish from there.

Best wishes
Lesley

...I'm sick as a parrot as I ordered three Cheshire films to view from local LDS before Christmas at a cost of £7.50 each and by the time they get here I will not need them :cry:
Looking at it another way, and considering all the free data I've had via LDS over the years from their web site, the local centre, and other films I ordered a while ago when they only cost £2.70 per film to order it is not too bad a price to pay, but I'm well cheesed off that I could have avoided the extra expense! :roll:

Currie

Re: Cheshire transcripts & Parish Registers on LDS

Post by Currie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:15 am

Hello Lesley,

There’s certainly a lot of Cheshire stuff there but not much from anywhere else in the UK. Someone has been awfully busy in Cheshire and have done a very good job.

I tried to find a ‘sick parrot’ video on YouTube but there’s only the Monty Python one that probably has been flogged to death, at least till next time.

All the best,
Alan

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:36 am

Hi Alan

As usual, I was glad I'd ordered the films as they contained things I'd not have thought to search for, and browsing slowly through to soak up the atmosphere of the place is far more entertaining than querying a database....! So no parrots needed after all! :lol:

It certainly will be good when places other than Cheshire are covered as well.

Best wishes
Lesley

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi Lesley and others,

I transcribed a lot of records for the Cheshire parish for LDS, so it's nice they have finally made it online. I had quite a break from the indexing, and have started again recently, but I have noticed that the great majority of 'priority' records seem to be from the US. UK Records being 'administered by Family Search Indexing' (not sure what that means...) are:

# UK Isle of Man-Parish Registers 1598-1850
# UK Isle of Man-Parish Registers 1800-1950
# UK, Bristol - Non-Conformist Registers Pre 1900 (Part A)
# UK, Bristol - Parish Registers 1837-1900 [Part B]
# UK, Bristol - Parish Registers 1837-1900 [Part C]
# UK, Cheshire - Parish Records 1538-1850 [Part 2]
# UK, Essex - Parish Registers 1538-1900 [Part A]
# UK, Warwickshire - Parish Registers 1538-1900 [Part 2 Adv]
# UK, Warwickshire - Parish Registers 1754-1900 [Part 1C]

I haven't seen most of those in the list they give us to choose from, but perhaps it's different for other indexers.
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)