Location of Street and Town **Birthday bumped**

Northern Ireland and Eire

Moderator: Global Moderators

joette
Global Moderator

Re: Location of Street and Town

Post by joette » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi Callum my BIL's family is McAuley from Ballycastle & I have been helping a wee bit with the reasearch.In fact Cushendall was where I know the family were based in the same house from 1921-1950's after their brief sojourn in Scotland.I suspect though that James McAuley was born there too.His spouse was Hannah McNaul.
Would have to look at my notes to see if there is any connection although according to my BIL all the McAuley's in Ballycastle-Cushendall in particular are related.
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

CalumD

Post by CalumD » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi Lesley,

I've been informed by the chap on the Antrim Site that the street in the picture is Glentaisie Drive and that the church is the Holy Trinity.
Now I have to find out who lived there in the 1950s.......

Thanks again

Calum

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Calum
That is great that you now have the street identified. Thanks for letting us know.
We got the church right, but we were a few streets away! :lol:

Best of luck with finding the names
Lesley

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:17 pm

[birthday]
Talking Scot is 10 years old!
To celebrate we are “bumping” selected older posts - posts we enjoyed , posts with knotty puzzles, posts which made us laugh, posts which brought a tear to our eye and posts where the problem solving skills of Talking Scot members won the day. Join us in our celebrations by “birthday bumping” some of your favourite posts!

Why not join us and bump some of your favourite posts? Just post a reply to the end of any of your favourite posts - remember to mention in your reply it is a “Birthday Bumped” post!
=D> \:D/ [cheers] \:D/ =D>

“Birthday bumps” or “dumps” are a tradition in Scotland, especially in school playgrounds, where the birthday boy or girl was pursued in order to be given “dumps” or “bumps” - usually a series of bumps on the behind with a knee, corresponding to the number of years the birthday person had now reached (and sometimes an extra one for luck!). For more info about Scottish birthday dumps or bumps, see
http://www.scotslanguage.com/word/Jun-2 ... ay_custom_