Hyndman/McMullen

Northern Ireland and Eire

Moderator: Global Moderators

bballj56

Re: Hyndman/McMullen

Post by bballj56 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if my Gr Gr Grandfather Robert Hyndman could be your 3 times great grandmother Jane Hyndman's brother. Robert was born in 1779 in Antrim. I realize that is 18 years before Jane was born. We also think Robert may be the oldest son in this family. I haven't been able to find a paper trail relating my Hyndman's to the Hyndman's in Pennsylvania. But, we have been able to find a connection to them through DNA testing. Do you have any information on Jane's parents? Robert and his family emigrated to Canada in 1855. One of Robert's children has Kennedy as a middle name. I wonder if there is any connection to your Jane and Samuel Kennedy.
Always new questions in genealogy research, right? Do you know where Jane's family lived in Ireland? The exact parish in Antrim?

Bhyndman

Re: Hyndman/McMullen

Post by Bhyndman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:52 am

Hi Jane,
Just curious how your research is going. I travelled to Scotland and Ireland last August and found family members living in Co Londonderry. Through Irish Census and just general history, I'm speculating that my Hyndmans came to Ulster during the Plantation. I doubt I will find any actual documentation from the 17th Century, however. They were likely not prominent people and records are scarce.
Brad Hyndman