Help with death in Norway

East and West

Moderator: Global Moderators

Bill Fraser

Help with death in Norway

Post by Bill Fraser » Thu May 06, 2010 2:48 pm

My 3rd Great-Grandfather was born on 2nd November 1804 in Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Son of Alexander Fraser & Jean Bruce. He married ! Mary Adams and they had seven children all born in Pitsligo. I have never been able to trace George in any Census, but have seen a report that he died on 24th September 1844 in Oppland, Norway.
Is it possible that some kind person, with access to records in Norway, could look this up?
Regards.
Bill

nelmit

Re: Help with death in Norway

Post by nelmit » Thu May 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Bill Fraser wrote:My 3rd Great-Grandfather was born on 2nd November 1804 in Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Son of Alexander Fraser & Jean Bruce. He married ! Mary Adams and they had seven children all born in Pitsligo. I have never been able to trace George in any Census, but have seen a report that he died on 24th September 1844 in Oppland, Norway.
Is it possible that some kind person, with access to records in Norway, could look this up?
Regards.
Bill
Hello and welcome to TS Bill.

I've pasted a link to your post in Litta's offer of help with Norwegian records. Hopefully she''ll see it and be able to help.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14846&p=119934#p119934

Regards,
Annette

littaol

Re: Help with death in Norway

Post by littaol » Thu May 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Hello

I really would like to help, but there are 27 parishes in Oppland and very few digitalized sources. I would have to go through all the scanned parish records.

Do you by any chance have more information about George ? E.g. his occupation ?

Edited May 7: I have now looked through the parish records, but I found nothing. I will post a question in a Norwegian forum and see if it can give results.