new 3-day free Ancestry.com access offer

Useful places to look up facts

Moderator: Global Moderators

rita

Post by rita » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:54 am

I think it was Fatjock who supplied a link last week, I also was told that I had previously enjoyed 3 Free days but as there was a continue button when I gingerly pressed it I was given another 3 days free, must admit I hurriedly tried to get as much as i could before they cut me off, and as I had quite a time initially to get password connection I nearly gave up.
Regards
Rita.

fatjock

Post by fatjock » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:24 am

Well, I don't know what you guys are doing wrong because I am now on my third three free days without any bother at all. Albeit each time I sign in with a different ID and email address. Keep trying - the offer is still available.

Alison Plenderleith

Post by Alison Plenderleith » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:13 am

Hi All,

I've just got 3 free days :D

Strangely, I tried last week and wasn't allowed! :shock:

I don't know if it was because I registered as a new member that made the difference, using a second e-mail address I have.

Kind regards,

Alison

Maisie

Post by Maisie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi all

A slight tangent to this thread, but my local library has a subscription to Ancestry and it's really useful if you can be organised enough to save up leads for a session. I can book a PC on-line, go down and use it for nothing. Then when I've finished I browse the family history magazines. The only downside is fitting in with their opening hours. But might be worth looking in to if you are time rich and cash poor!

Best wishes

Maisie

David Lang

Post by David Lang » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:34 pm

Just got in after been denied on thursday , so excellent news didnt do anything different!!! :lol:
Lang/loynachan/oloynachan/Gillies/Scally/McIlchere- Argyll, Denovan/Rollo, Stirling/Burns-Stirling Mackie/Grant/Ingils/Campbell-Aberdeen,Stewart/Bell-Glasgow
Brown-Ardrossan/Dundonald, Gemmell- Johnstone/Partick
McKelvie-Arran/ayrshire

Currie

Post by Currie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:51 pm

I've been able to get to the 3 Free Days page by just using the first half of the link.

If anyone is still getting the 14 Day Trial page you could try this link

http://www.ancestrylibrary.com/security ... &dbid=1076

nancy

Post by nancy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:00 pm

Thanks Currie,and i've just managed to get in using that link too. :D :D :D
Oh and welcome to TS :D

Nancy

alysone

The joy of it all!

Post by alysone » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:14 am

Hi everyone,
I had no trouble getting my 3 free days (once I remembered my ancestry password, that is! :? ). The timing was impeccable. I had just come across a couple of (rather distant) 'rellies' in the Utah Death Cert.'s online. My curiosity was beyond bounds once I had seen their causes of death. Brother and sister, she died first of '2nd & 3rd degree burns caused by sitting too close to a stove'!?
The brother, who reported her death, died 4 years later in 1936. My most intriguing ever cause of death... "justifiable homicide, shot with a pistol." Needless to say, I have been smoking along ever since on ancestry trying to fit these 2 into the family pattern! We now know more or less who they are. How & why she was burned & he was shot, alas is still a mystery. :cry: Therein definitely lies a tale that remains out of reach!
Ever so grateful for the free days heads up! :P alysone

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:38 am

It won't even let me log on. :?
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

Currie

Post by Currie » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:56 am

What do you mean Ninatoo?

Did you get to the page headed "Access the content you just clicked on and much more — FREE for three days."? On that page did you click on "Already have an account? Click Here to get 3 days free."?

Did you then get the page headed "Customer Login"?

When you logged in using your usual username and password did you get a page headed "There's still a lot you can do with Ancestry!" (and saying you had already received the free days)?

If so, you will have to get right out of the Ancestry pages, delete your Cookies, get another email address and possibly a new name before returning to the first page and entering those details.

If you can't log in at all using your usual username etc there may be a problem with your password so click the "Request Password" button on the "Customer Login" page.

I hope I haven't got any of the above back to front!

Let us know how you go.