My STEWARTS in CANADA .....

Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America, South America, Carribean

Moderator: Global Moderators

BarbR

Post by BarbR » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:44 pm

I am glad to hear of your success with RAOGK. I tried twice to ask for assistance and didn't receive any replies :cry: though I have heard of others who had their requests acknowledged and I hope that Alan is successful if he puts in a request :D

Just thought I'd warn you that there are no guarantees with this service - depends who you ask I guess :?

Kind regards
Barbara

pinkshoes

Post by pinkshoes » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:42 pm

Aw that's a shame Barbara - I guess it's the luck of the draw. If you've got an enthusiastic person in the right place at the right time ...

Now then, if anyone wants anything looking up in East Yorkshire ... :lol:

Pinkshoes

the pretender

Re: My STEWARTS in CANADA .....

Post by the pretender » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:34 pm

Few years gone by but this is as far as I have got.

Isabella emigrated to Canada in 1921 on the ss Melita sailing from Edinburgh to Quebec. Reason on papers was to get married to Peter M Campbell, RR2, Lacombe, Alberta.
http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/nmc/n0043265.pdf (map of where he stayed).
She was to get there using rail CPR. Departed 7/10/21 arrived 14/10/21.lied about her age giving 33 instead of 40.
Relative address in Scotland was sister Janet Porter, 3 Halbeath Rd, Dumfermline.

Named after her fathers aunt.

Isabella Stewart emigrated to Canada, married Peter Campbell over there, they adopted a girl called Muriel from Edinburgh, Scotland (Muriel need not have been born in Edinburgh just in an orphanage there). Isabella came across to do the adoption.
last know address was 210 Alfred Street, Kingston, Ontario. (nickname Bell). Frontenac county. Guess this was 1950's just before she died as elderly relative, now deceased, stopped getting letters from her.

Age 29 on 1911 census and living with mother, James and Hendry at 12 Springwell Place, Edinburgh.

Thanks to all you people who tried their best for me.
Alan.
Looking into the STEWARTs of Leadhills, Sanquhar and Wanlockhead 1700 - 1980.
Drem/Ormiston, East Lothian 1820 - 1900
Fountainbridge area (including Banefield and Murdoch Terrace) Edinburgh 1880 - 1960