Are there any Maillies in America ? .....

Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America, South America, Carribean

Moderator: Global Moderators

SarahND
Site Admin

Re: Are there any Maillies in America ? .....

Post by SarahND » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi MaillieMc and welcome to [talkingscot]
I see that Susie hasn't logged in here since last January, but let's hope she still has the same email address and will see your post!
All the best,
Sarah

P.S. If Susie hasn't found it in the meantime, I see that Sarah and the children arrived in Quebec in September 1920, stating their destination as London, Ontario. So that is possibly why they weren't to be found in the U.S.

Susie Q

Post by Susie Q » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi Mailliemc,
Sorry about this, but I haven't used TS for some time, family stuff occurring, stalled me for a while. I hadn't given up on the Maillies though. Just last night, using the LDS site,I found Mary Smith Maillie married Walker Lee Fore in 1924, at Raleigh, West Virginia.I also found an entry in the 1930 census, placing them in Slab Fork, Raleigh, with three children, Walker Lee ages 5, Caroline, aged 2 and baby Bettie.
I still haven't found any trace of Mary's siblings, Helen, Andrew, Robert, Margaret and Agnes, but I'll keep searching. [-o<

Regards
Cath aka Susie
Surname Interests
SANAGHAN, N. Ireland, Lanarkshire, Fife
FLEMING, Bathgate, Fife
ARMOUR, MAILLIE, Ayrshire, West Calder
GIBBONS, Ireland, Lasswade, Fife

RobbieM

Post by RobbieM » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi Cath (aka Susie)

Robert Maillie and Sarah Galbraith were my grandparents on my father's side. My father, also named Robert Armour Maillie (b 1911 in Glasgow), was one of your 'missing children' whom Sarah took with her to Canada around 1919.

My father emigrated from Canada after the Second World War but most of his sibling's descendants are still in Canada (plus a scattering in the US).

I have sent you a separate message if you want to follow this up in more detail.

Robbie M