NZ BDM

Pacific and Antarctic Ocean

Moderator: Global Moderators

ennael

NZ BDM

Post by ennael » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:53 pm

The NZ Historical BDM website is now up and running.

http://bdmhistoricalrecords.identityser ... t.nz/Home/

looks like you can order certificates from the website.

Leanne

Currie

Post by Currie » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:58 am

Thanks Leanne.

It’s certainly a great site. I’ve collected quite a bit of information from it and at no cost which is the way I like to do genealogy.

None of my N.Z. relatives are worth the price of a certificate or maybe I should say none of them are closely enough related to justify the cost.

All the best,
Alan

StuartC

NZ BMD

Post by StuartC » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Certainly looks like a good site, however when I tried to find rellies I was disappointed.

I know the mother came from Fiji to NZ to have her last child boen 27 May 1909. Maybe it just outside of the 100 year deadline !!

Regards
Stuart

joette
Global Moderator

Post by joette » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 pm

I was able to find the deaths of my Great Aunt & Uncle without buying any certificates but as there is a bit of mystery surrounding this beloved Aunt I might buy hers.
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

grannysrock

Success

Post by grannysrock » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Yesterday tracked down an elusive 2nd marriage of a female relative.
The name of the second husband had been mentioned on her death cert in Scotland by her nephew , who said she had divorced the chappie.
I had wondered if the nephew had got the guy's name completely wrong ( perhaps it was a very short marriage ?) :?
There was no one with this name in Scotland, one in England - not him and worldwide very few candidates, but a Google brought up the name in New Zealand - and there I found the marriage. [many-greens]
Only taken 5 years or so !
Why was it so important to me ?.
I've no idea !
And I'll just add another brick wall anyway .... where do I find the divorce ?:roll:

Sally

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi Sally
If the divorce hapened in Scotland it will most likely be at NAS.See
http://www.nas.gov.uk/guides/divorce.asp

Best wishes
Lesley

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi Leanne,

Thank you so much for that link.

After my mother died we totally lost touch with our two aunts and uncles in New Zealand. I had already found the death of one uncle on the Dunedin site, but couldn't find anything about the others.

We believed that they must have passed away by now and your link helped me to find the deaths of the one of the couples in Christchurch.

I've ordered the certificates to include in our family records.
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Now that SP have released the modern marriage indexes, I finally found out the correct full name of the last aunt in NZ. She's always been known by a shortened name and no-one could remember her maiden name.

I got that from SP and have now found her death on the NZ BDM's.

The full set of births, marriages and deaths for my two emigrant uncles and their wives! Great stuff.
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)