Ancestry.com

Pacific and Antarctic Ocean

Moderator: Global Moderators

scooter

Ancestry.com

Post by scooter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 am

Some new Australian content on ancestry:

New South Wales, Australia,Convict Registers of Conditional and Absolute Pardons 1791-1867
New South Wales, Australia, Certificates of Freedom, 1827-1867
New South Wales, Australia, Applications and Admissions to Orphan Schools, 1817-1833

4x G Grandfather's Certificate of Freedom (bought from the NSW archives two years ago) seems positively expensive now!

Cheers!

Scott
Researching Wishart (Glasgow & Kirkcaldy), McDonald (Donegal & Falkirk), Thomson (Star, Fife) & Harley (Monimail, Moonzie & Cupar)

trish1

Re: Ancestry.com

Post by trish1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi Scott

It's also free to look at the convict records until 31st January - not sure why they sent me the notice about it being free - I have a subscription!

I bought some 1841 census records from the NSW archives some years ago - very expensive & now they are all online. If my memory is correct - it wasn't even the correct families that I bought. I'm very much hoping they get the wills and inquests online - cause I have paid for some of those but would somewhat prefer to have them online. I think there is an agreement with ancestry that will see much of the NSW archives online.

Trish

scooter

Post by scooter » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi Trish,

Yes, the COF that's online is far better than the paper copy I got from the NSW archives. I'm not too bothered if the convict bank warrants are included in future releases. All I got was a large piece of paper with £2 written on it and a name!

Cheers!

Scott
Researching Wishart (Glasgow & Kirkcaldy), McDonald (Donegal & Falkirk), Thomson (Star, Fife) & Harley (Monimail, Moonzie & Cupar)

Currie

Post by Currie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:21 am

Hello Scott,

I’d put that in a safe place. If the account wasn’t closed, with interest it might be worth a couple of million by now.

And pigs might fly,
All the best,
Alan

scooter

Post by scooter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:14 am

LOL Alan! I wonder which member of the family scored the inheritance?

Cheers!

Scott