Assisted passage to New Zealand .....

Pacific and Antarctic Ocean

Moderator: Global Moderators

momat

Re: Assisted passage to New Zealand .....

Post by momat » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 am

Hi Mary,
Have you seen this site ?
https://www.bdmonline.dia.govt.nz/
Maureen

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi Maureen,

I had looked at that one, but without a "igovt ID" cannot obtain more modern records, (i.e. births within the last 100 years)
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know...

Ian my Cuz in Glasgow has come up trumps!

Several years ago my Mum went to visit the ones in Christchurch and, having a 3 month stay planned, also spent time with the ones in Dunedin.

When she got back she had, apparently, passed on both their addresses to one of HER cousins who'd been quite close to my uncles as kids. That chap has kept in touch with them ever since! Ian knows him from occasionally playing darts against his team in pub matches and mentioned my search to him last night. He emailed Ian the current email addresses this morning and I can now get in touch with them.

I've also PM'd Alan with this news as he has been a star trying to help me find them.
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Great stuff, Mary! As with many things in life, it's not always what you know, but who you know! (or in some cases a bit of a mix of both!) =D>

So glad it has worked out for you.
Best wishes
Lesley