India Births Deaths and Marriages on FamilySearch.

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China, Siberia, Far East

Moderator: Global Moderators

Currie

India Births Deaths and Marriages on FamilySearch.

Post by Currie » Sun May 30, 2010 12:39 pm

India Births Deaths and Marriages on Record Search at FamilySearch. http://labs.familysearch.org/

These are all extracted records and perhaps are the same as have been on the IGI? Details of coverage etc can be found here https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/India_ ... Records%29

India Births and Baptisms, 1786-1947
Index to selected India births and baptisms. This collection contains 887,579 records.
India Marriages, 1792-1948
Index to selected India marriages. This collection contains 203,970 records.
India Deaths and Burials, 1719-1948
Index to selected India deaths and burials. This collection contains 566,529 records

Only a few localities are included and the time period varies by locality. Due to privacy laws, recent records may not be displayed. The year range represents most of the records. A few records may be earlier or later.

I saw it in the Society of Australian Genealogist’s newsletter.

Alan

paddyscar
Site Admin

Re: India Births Deaths and Marriages on FamilySearch.

Post by paddyscar » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Alan. I am sure there will be some who will find it most helpful, given the history of 'The Empire'.

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:05 am

I've started a free family history workshop at work and I'm helping a gentleman who knew that his father (Bailey Gordon Darby) was born at India. To his delight we found him living at Dollar in 1901!! It shows that his mother Alice, wife of a mining engineer, was born at India too. Hopefully by now, armed with his SP voucher he'll have looked at Alice's death entry and have more details.

Meanwhile I was amazed when I searched for Bailey's birth at the IGI and there it was in January 1890 and gives his father's name as George Newton Matthew Darby. A search at the beta site gives loads of information about the family. Let's hear it for all the transcribers and the LDS!

Regards,
Annette

Currie

Post by Currie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 am

Hello Annette,

I agree absolutely. FamilySearch and their volunteers are the best genealogy organisation in the history of the Universe. Always have been, always will be.

All the best,
Alan