Rescivet - Chapel of Garioch, Aberdeenshire

The History and Geography of Auld Scotia

Moderators: Global Moderators, Russell

Ted

Re: Rescivet - Chapel of Garioch, Aberdeenshire

Post by Ted » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi John

Apologies - I haven't been on this forum for a long time and have just noticed your post from 2010. I would appreciate if you can share info from the print out you have of cemeteries around C of G.

I am particularily interested in the surname Allan.

Regards

Ted
Looking for Allan / Gordon / Troup / McInnes / Grant / Taylor / Jackson from Aberdeen (city & shire) & Banffshire
Alexander / Allan / Stewart in W Lothian
Allan / Burnett in USA and Canada / Davidson & Philp in Fife and Lanarkshire

mcmon 30

Post by mcmon 30 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:18 am

Hi Ted,

Well its been a while. We have moved to central Victoria to where we started our life together some almost 60 years ago.

So I decided to give my brick wall another nudge.

I read the past notes and saw your last entry.

How did you go with that information.

If you could refresh me about the data you need I will see if I can find the appropriate box.

I did get some notion from the folks descended from Alexander - James parents may have come from Glass. ](*,) ](*,)

Hope to reconnect again

John

Ted

Post by Ted » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi John

Nice to hear from you. Been a while since I've been on this forum too. I'll look back on my records and get back to you soon. I would still be interested in any Allan's buried in chapel of Garioch - any info you have would be gratefully received. My James Allan was born Chapel of Garioch in 1836. Parents James Allan and Jane Aitken. James with parents on 1851 census in Inverurie aged 15 but disappears after that. Definitely did not die in Scotland.

Ted
Looking for Allan / Gordon / Troup / McInnes / Grant / Taylor / Jackson from Aberdeen (city & shire) & Banffshire
Alexander / Allan / Stewart in W Lothian
Allan / Burnett in USA and Canada / Davidson & Philp in Fife and Lanarkshire