Ministers in Clola and Balfron

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

iangmacdonald

Mitchells and Websters

Post by iangmacdonald » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Superb. What a fine set of pictures, thank you very much.

Thanks also for the rest of the Mitchell/Webster MI. However it is a two steps forward and one back result. Yet again the obvious assumption is the wrong one, William and Margaret are a bit younger than I'd expected so they are not the folk born at Old Deer in the 1750s.

The MI gives William's birth at around 1767 and Margaret's at 1769. There is a William at Old Deer in March 1765 but apparently no others close to the area apart from an information-free entry from the LDS relating to Cruden. There are also no Margarets between 1760 and 1775 at Old Deer but there is one in December 1769 at Chapel of Garioch, which is where our Mitchell/Smith/Webster Margaret appears to have been born. This 1769 Margaret has John Mitchel and Elisabeth Dickie as parents. There is a 1762 Mitchel/Dickie marriage at New Machar.

That's as far as it goes for the moment. The next couple of weeks will be search free.

Thanks for your inspiration.
Interested in McDonald, Cabrach; McDonald, Moy/Perth; Watt, Peterculter/Kinellar; Spark, Cookney/Muchalls;
Fraser, Auldearn; Johnston/Johnson, Aberdeen/Norway; Lawson, Dysart/Kilconquhar; Couts and Jack, Lonmay/Peterhead

Pam82

Re:

Post by Pam82 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:23 am

Hi everyone
Ive got this branch in my tree too: Ferguson Smith and Margaret Coutts. If anyone is connected I'd love to hear from you. I realize that these posts are from a while back but regardless I am hopeful.
Regards
Pam