Would make sense, love the way Scottish women seem to retain their maiden names.
Also found this in the 'Annals of Arngask
The Story of a Parish in the South-East Corner of Perthshire THE REV. JAMES MACKIE, M.C., M.A.
The Manse of Arngask
Glenfarp, June, 1858 Perthshire. http://www.glenfarg.org/downloads/Annals.pd
'At later dates, other elders were added in February, 1807, James Barlas and David Barclay, and in May, 1816,'
A new edifice was erected on a site a few yards to the east by the heritors, two of whom were, of course, members of the Kirk Session, Burt, and Barclay, who owned Paris. That building still stands on Arngask Hill it is a plain barnlike structure in the worst taste of a period notorious for its lack of architectural discrimination.'
There is also mention of an Andrew Barclay who owned Paris soon after and who's daughter married the Minister.
It is of some interest to examine the list of heritors who owned property in the parish in 1841. All of them were proprietors of land valued at £50 Os 0d or more, and Burt names them in the order of their valued rents:- W. Murray of Conland. J. Hay of Paris. A. Coventry of Pittillock. Mrs. Wardlaw and R. Low of the Fordels. J. Burt, part of Duncrivie (unusual spelling) and Deuglie. J. Whyte of Arngask. Col. Miller of Eastertown. Rev. A. Burt of Wester Deuglie. Mrs. Barclay of Glendymill. J. Murray of Forresterseat. W. Hay of Hay’s Mill. W. Henderson of Blairstruie. C. G. Sidey of Letham. J. Bogie of Old Fargie. W. Simpson of Hayfield.