James Wilson and Margaret Harper

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

Wmarj

James Wilson and Margaret Harper

Post by Wmarj » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:53 am

Hello to everyone, I live in Australia and am new to this site.

I am really desperate to find even a little bit of information on my gt x3 Grandparents James Wilson and Margaret Harper b/m about 1760 - 1795.

They had a son Alexander John b. abt 1813 Halifax Nova Scotia and his DC 7/5/1886 Glasgow says James was a dock builder,master -deceased and mother Margaret nee Harper deceased.

My first record of Alexander was his marriage 11/10/1843 in Inverurie to Jane Walker Taylor of Canal Terrace, Woodside, Old Machar (parents John Taylor and Jean/Jane Walker -buried St Machar cemetery).

I don't know when Alexander came to Scotland but can't find him on any 1841 census.I have heaps of info after his marriage. He is listed as a North American British Subject so think James didn't become naturalized.

His children were Alexander John, Marjory Taylor, Jane Walker, John Taylor, James Joss (Joseph), Charles Joseph, Mary Bristol, and Margaret Harper.

I know absolutely nothing - nor can find anything -about James Wilson or Margaret Harper or if James went to Canada 1st or USA as a child/teen or adult or if he was in the navy or a soldier. I don't know if he married before he left or after.

Please - I really need some help and would appreciate any scrap of information.

Thank you all.