Previous Searches gone awol

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

pinkshoes

Previous Searches gone awol

Post by pinkshoes » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:33 pm

Hello all - I haven't posted recently (but I've been lurking plenty), so hope everyone's well.

I was looking through my previous searches on SP, filtered them, got only one hit when I knew there were several. Went off to my Excel File :D - glad I did that - back to SP, click previous searches - abracadabra, they're gone. "No searches" came the loud reply. Which is bizarre really because there are reams of viewed images. Anyone encountered this, will it just sort itself out in the end, or should I contact SP? Reloading the page makes no difference.

Best wishes
Pinkshoes

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Pinkshoes,

Contact SP and see what they can say on the matter.

All the best,

AndrewP

pinkshoes

Abracadabra they're back

Post by pinkshoes » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:01 pm

Well whadaya know. Logged in again and after a few moments of hesitation, they're back.

Thanks for replying Andrew - I'll be monitoring the situation :wink:

Best wishes
Pinkshoes

Rach

Post by Rach » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Hi Pinkshoes,
The same thing happened to me the other day. Panic set in! However, I did the same as you, logged on again and there they were. I thought that I had hit a wrong button or something but obviously there is a little gremlin somewhere.
Rae
Names of interest: Perthshire- Taylor, McDonald, McRaw, Gould; Caithness- Cormack, Campbell, Sutherland; Berwickshire- Darling, Johnson, Whitlie, Forrest/Forrester/Foster, Barns/Barnes,Buglass/Bookless; Wilson, Thorburn, Cowe, Laing, Rae, Colven, Collin,

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:34 am

It is currently happening to me. And I have logged in and out and in and nothing is improving.

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

garibaldired

Post by garibaldired » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:48 pm

It has happened to me too this week. I had to switch off the computer and start all over again before I got mine back.
There were a few moments of panic I can tell you!

Meg
Main family lines are Harpers from Midlothian, Fife & Kinross-shire, and Dobies/Dobbies from Midlothian. Also Strathearn, Stobie, Layden and Downie.