If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers
Moderator: Global Moderators
- Site Admin
- Posts: 6021
- Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:36 am
- Location: Edinburgh
A parent search based on John Wood and May Lorimer on the IGI yields four children, all registered in Fordyce.
- Andrew Black Wood :: 16-Aug-1866 :: Fordyce
- John Wood :: 13-Dec-1868 :: Fordyce
- Elspet Black Wood :: 04-Mar-1871 :: Fordyce
- Ann Falconer Wood :: 12-Mar-1873 :: Fordyce
Births on the IGI stop at 1874, so any younger children won't show up there.
The 1871 census on Ancestry shows the parents and two children, at Morayhill Street, Fordyce.
- John Wood :: 26 :: born Portknockie :: farm servant
- Mary Wood :: 34 :: born Fordyce
- John Wood :: 2 :: born Fordyce
- Elspet B Wood :: U1mo :: born Fordyce
By the 1891 census, they were at 22 Church Street, Rathven Parish (Seafield RD) with one child.
- John Wood :: 46 :: born Portknockie :: farm servant
- Mary Wood :: 54 :: born Fordyce
- William S. Wood :: 9 :: born Fordyce
All the best,
- Posts: 187
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:18 pm
- Location: Moray
Thanks all - I have to restrict this to weekends, just too tempting to dive in and not come up for air.
Bought more credits and dived in this afternoon, will do some more tomorrow. Discovered my Granny was related to my Grandfather
But not *that* closely. May (or Mary or Margaret) Lorimer's birth still a mystery but working on it, found her sister Hellena in 1839 easily. May should be around 1837. Wondering if they didn't have the money for a baptism - wouldn't be the first one I have that couldn't. I'm cross-referencing with Libindx, Family Search and Freecen each generation as I go. Found a 2 cousin (descendant of my Granny's brother) on WikiTree and sent him a private message to see if we can put our heads together.
So I am well on my way
Moray, Bellie/Boharm:- Symon, Thomson, Davidson, Gordon, Laing, Dick, Thom, Geddes.
Banffshire, Rothiemay:- Lobban, Symon
Banffshire:- Flett, Taylor, Wood, Lorimer, Falconer