We've Got 90 Days!

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

JustJean

We've Got 90 Days!

Post by JustJean » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:58 pm

This hot off the SP presses......effective now!

Customer session duration extended to 90 days

ScotlandsPeople is pleased to announce that the session duration has been extended, through the Statutory Instrument, from 7 (seven) days to 90 (ninety) days, with immediate effect. Customers with accounts whose session has expired within the last 90 days will automatically be reactivated and extended to 90 days from the most recent purchase date.

Best wishes
Jean

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:02 pm

[scotland-flag] [woohoo] [scotland-flag] [woohoo] [scotland-flag]

Much better
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)

joette
Global Moderator

Post by joette » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very happy but I understood it would take an Act from the Scottish Parliment to change that or is that my wee brain on overload again??????
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

pinkshoes

Re: We've Got 90 Days!

Post by pinkshoes » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:39 pm

JustJean wrote: Customers with accounts whose session has expired within the last 90 days will automatically be reactivated and extended to 90 days from the most recent purchase date.

Best wishes
Jean
Great news, and very generous of them to reactivate expired sessions. Three cheers for SP again!

Best wishes
Pinkshoes

nelmit

Re: We've Got 90 Days!

Post by nelmit » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:53 pm

JustJean wrote:This hot off the SP presses......effective now!

Customer session duration extended to 90 days

ScotlandsPeople is pleased to announce that the session duration has been extended, through the Statutory Instrument, from 7 (seven) days to 90 (ninety) days, with immediate effect. Customers with accounts whose session has expired within the last 90 days will automatically be reactivated and extended to 90 days from the most recent purchase date.

Best wishes
Jean
Thanks Jean,

I now have 2116 hours to use my 25 remaining credits. :D I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told me.

Well done SP.

Kind regards,
Annette M

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:04 pm

joette wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very happy but I understood it would take an Act from the Scottish Parliment to change that or is that my wee brain on overload again??????

No, such a change has never required an Act of the Scottish Parliament; only ever a so-called Statutory Instrument, which is a process whereby a provision in an Act can be altered or varied, as long as there is the provision for doing so in the original legislation.

To obtain a Statutory Instrument, however, is not straightforward, as parliamentary drafting clerks and Scottish Executive lawyers have to be consulted and involved, most often on an iterative basis, to arrive at the acceptable text for a Statutory Instrument, and the Executive has to ensure that there is space in the legislative programme for the relevant Statutory Instrument to be properly and duly handled.

Actually, very few Statutory Instruments go before the full Scottish Parliament or a Committee thereof, - they simply sit in the Library for several days, and if no MSP objects, they automatically come into force; but, if even a single MSP objects, then the whole procedure falls !!, - hence the need to get it right in the beginning :!:

You may not like the whole process, but it's the reality :!:

David

Davie

Post by Davie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:20 pm

The last time ah gote 90 days, ah got a third o' it aff faur guid behaviour.
However, glad to see any improvement on SP.
Still the best value for money on Scotch family research on the NET.
You may not like the whole process, but it's the reality
and David, are you using the word reality and the Scottish Parliament in the same sentence?
Zatno wan o' they oxy-morons again?
In my opinion maist o' the wasters in Holyrood should be sentenced tae a loat mer than 90 days.
Davie

thistle

Post by thistle » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Nice! Can't count the number of times I just wanted to check one little thing and found I had enough credits, but they had expired.

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:01 pm

For those who want to read the Statutory Instrument that facilitated the 90 day search period for credits on ScotlandsPeople, see the following.

Scottish Statutory Instrument 2006 No. 575
The Registration Services (Fees, etc.) (Scotland) Regulations 2006

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/legislation/scot ... 060575.htm

It is in there amongst other GROS related matters.

All the best,

AndrewP

Davie

Post by Davie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:23 pm

Thanks Andrew,
That makes everything so much clearer to me.
Like a meteor gawn right ower ma napper.
But then again I am a Weegie, who by birth, obviously has a vaster knowledge of gobbledegook than most o’ ma ain folk in the rest of Scotland.
I know that some of the other posters on here are a bit thick, especially the mob frae Lochwinnoch.
Nae offence meant, but how mony o’ yeese still live ther?
Ah’ will wait patiently tae see whit Oor Liz oan here has tae say aboot her hame toon.
Bit c’mon Lochwinnoch! It’s rougher than Possil!
Davie