RAF Sgts. BONEY & ADAMS from Edinburgh, 1943

All matters military, militia, regiments and the like. Army, Navy, Air Force etc.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Jake Drummond

RAF Sgts. BONEY & ADAMS from Edinburgh, 1943

Post by Jake Drummond » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 pm

I've an RAF training photograph, taken at Wigtown in Dumfriesshire in November of 1943 containing a RAFVR 10 Sergeants doing Wireless Operator/Air Gunner training.
All are Scots, including Charlie Hill who died in 1944 during air operations.
I'm curious to see how many of the ten survived the war, hence my search for the first two, given as "J Boney, Edinburgh" and "Dave Adams, Edinburgh"

LesleyB

Re: RAF Sgts. BONEY & ADAMS from Edinburgh, 1943

Post by LesleyB » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi Jake

I wish you all the best with your search Jake - with so little to go on and army records for that period still within the closure period, it coudl be quite a difficult task, so I hope someone recognises the names and can help you out. Would it be worth contacting the RAF?

However, these men may still be alive. If anyone does have any information and knows that these men are still alive or deceased within the past 50 years, please contact Jake by PM to exchange information, rather than post recent life events on forum. Thanks!

Best wishes
Lesley

Jake Drummond

Post by Jake Drummond » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Aye Lesley, if they survived the war they are more difficult to trace, though if they didn't the CWGC have details (usually), but the trouble there is that there are often more than one listed with a given name and it's difficult to trace with so little given information.
I'll try to post the photograph, it might jog a memory!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jake Drummond

Post by Jake Drummond » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:15 pm

J. Boney is at the rear on the left, with Charlie Hill alongside, and Dave Adams is at the front right.