Found "R BARR"

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

trish58

Found "R BARR"

Post by trish58 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:02 am

Hi everyone

I am so happy to share this success with you all. :D

A short while ago I posted "Another Lost Son" this I thought was Robert ? Barr who was the informant on his Father's death certificate though there was no record of a birth for a Robert with the parents John Anthony & Mary Jane. :?:

On looking more closely at the death cert what I read as "Present" turned out to be "Vincent" R Barr. Went searching for this birth and there it is Vincent Richard Barr 1922 Dunbarton.

Vincent died 2004 and through his death certificate I have traced his Son. I wrote to him not sure what to expect in return, but pleasantly surprised that he he excited that he has "rellies" he knew nothing about, he is sending me photos of my Mary Jane Rae who of course is his Gran also other photos. :D :D

He also sovled another mystery which I posted as "Missing Mother & Son" concerning Martha Rae & Son Austin Rae. Austin lived with Mary Jane & John Anthony Barr after their marriage until they died, then he went to live with Vincent & family until Austin's death in 1972.
Martha his Mother disappeared no-one knows where to. :?: :?:

So though this has been long and drawn out to some, I wanted to share it with you all, as the TS team & family have always been agreat help with tips, searches, ideas, and loads of other stuff, so it's a HUGE thanks to you all =D> =D> =D>

I guess the moral of this story is never give up, though I have felt like it many times.

Trish

Jean Jeanie
Global Moderator

Post by Jean Jeanie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi Trish

What a wonderful story :D

It pays to keep struggling at these brick walls.

I'm so pleased for you

Best wishes
Jean

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Trish,

What a reat success story and finding a live person and photo's too! What more could you ask (lot's more, probably!).

Congratulations! :D

Regards,
Anne H

trish58

Found "R BARR"

Post by trish58 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Hi Jean & Anne

Thanks for the post :)

I have been working on this for the past 5 years and kept putting it aside then returning to it, it paid off in the end, and I still have many more "BrickWalls" to demolish though this find has given me a new lease to go and find them. :D

I also hope it gives others on the site encouragement to keep digging.

Thanks again
Trish