They found me!

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Rach

They found me!

Post by Rach » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Just had to share this with you.
This was a lovely surprise. Thanks to GR I have been contacted by my grandmother's brother's family who emigrated to Canada. I have been trying every lead I know of to find out what happened to them and out of the blue, after almost 5 years, I received a message from his great great granddaughter. Usually I have been the one to find living relatives so it is nice to have a surprise myself. I don't know who is more excited, the Canadians or the Scots. We wish this had happened earlier in the year as several of their family were over exploring the area during the summer and we could have met up and brought history to life! However, that day will come!
Rae [many-greens]
Names of interest: Perthshire- Taylor, McDonald, McRaw, Gould; Caithness- Cormack, Campbell, Sutherland; Berwickshire- Darling, Johnson, Whitlie, Forrest/Forrester/Foster, Barns/Barnes,Buglass/Bookless; Wilson, Thorburn, Cowe, Laing, Rae, Colven, Collin,

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:50 pm

What a wonderful surprise.

I love to hear about distant rellies getting back in touch.

Well done, Rae - remember without your hard work doing your research they might not yet have found you.

=D> =D> =D>
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)

tishgibbons

Post by tishgibbons » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:08 pm

That's great Rae! Keep it up!

Tish
Researching Mitchell Grassick Bowman Farquharson Wilson Allanach Leys Coutts Gauld McNerney from Crathie and Braemar, Strathdon and Glenbuchat and who moved on to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Ireland, Australia, India, Canada.