You wait for years then three come along!!!

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

joette
Global Moderator

You wait for years then three come along!!!

Post by joette » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:38 pm

That old mathmatical equation of you wait for a bus then three come along together& yes someone has written a book about it.
Well having been so desperate for so long to make contact with any member of my wider Family but reading everybody elses stories & feeling envious because I was "Billy no mates"Cursing them for being an uncurious lot I have made contact with three!
The first was through Lothians Family History Forum & although only connected through marriage was so excited to "meet" her.I had been fascinated by her GGrandmother & although not one of mine had did some tracking & was able to share with her.
The second was from GenesReunited & she is in Australia & we have a distant blood connection-our GggGrandfather/Mother were siblings.I was delirious & able to make sense of Family tales.
The best I found yesterday & spoke to last night for about an hour-we have the gab in common.Him I found through Ancestry & the galling thing is I remeber seeing his post three years ago but dismissed it. He had posted his address & I got my nephew to match up phone no. as they live in the Lothians too.
The upshot is he is the Grandson of my Grandfathers brother & has the same name as my Dad & still lives in Penicuik & could tell me loads about the family & prove a lot of my suppositions correct!!!!!!
We compared notes on personalities,health etc & it is uncanny how the traits have been passed on.We all love a healthy"discussion",are sociable & love to read & have a passion for history.
He knows,has photos of our Gx3 Grandfathers grave.He knows his parents name-which was more than our Great-Uncle who registered the Death did.He has been to Lilliesleaf where he was born & proved our connection to Walter Scott.He was our Gx3 brother but unfortunately not the Author.
He is the son of the posthumous son of my Grandfathers brother William Scott.I was able to tell him that we had photos of his Grandparents & that they appeared to be very happy & very much in love which he was able to confirm.I booed my eyes out when he said the last letter from the Somme included his Wedding Band which "if anything is to happen dearest I want to have altered to fit wee Annie" their eldest daughter.
He was killed shortly afterwards.His son was born later that year.
Typically the two people I most want to share this with are not aviable my Mum & wee sister.So I thought I would share with my friends here.
YIPPEEE :lol: :D :D :D :lol:
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:47 pm

Great news, Joette

Thanks for sharing it! :D

Catriona

Bertha

Post by Bertha » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:20 pm

Joette
So glad you found connections.
I too had an e-mail this week from my gr gr gr grandparents, gr gr granddaugher in New Zealand and was able to put her in touch with another member of her family in Australia.
At least yours are a bit closer to home!
Still looking into Robertson/Gibson thing. Hope to be in NRH sometime before Xmas or soon after with the Lothinn Family History Society who go one evening a month
All the best
Bertha
looking for
Nelson/Neilson,Wood,McDonald,Baillie - East Lothian
McLaren,Ross,Kelly,McEwan,Nicholson,Price/Pryce,Telfer,Robertson, Dickson/Dixon, Gibson,Niven Edinburgh