Dont Give Up .....

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

And It Makes Me Shine

Dont Give Up .....

Post by And It Makes Me Shine » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:49 pm

Just a short note to say to anyone in despair not to give up on those brickwalls. My 2nd Great Gran Maria Devine was the end of the line as she had came from Ireland and I had no idea where. I stopped searching for any more Devines about 6 months ago. I decided to relook at all my old brickwalls again armed with a wee bit more savvy with regards to wildcards and parent search on IGI. In the Last 24 hours I have discovered 8 siblings of Mariaall stayed in Lanarkshire. Her parents details, her grandparents details and her 3 uncles and Auntswho all moved to Lanarkshire. And to cap it all I know have the county and parish that the Devine-McGarry- Muldoon/Muldowney line came from. Sometimes a fresh look after a while away from a family really helps. Hurrah and DONT give up. :)

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:48 pm

\:D/ Way to go, you \:D/

Innit amazin - there's nothing like a crumbling brick wall to lift the spirits and open new avenues to look for more to breach. And breach them we will \:D/
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)

garydevine1995

Re: Dont Give Up .....

Post by garydevine1995 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:46 am

Hi
Just to say again we are definatly related. just at the weekend i found out that my 3x great grandfatehr james devine had a daughter maria devine who married a guy called mcguire and her father and mother were Michael McGarry and Bridget Devine please could you help me out.

Kind
Regards
Scotland - SINCLAIR/ALLISON/MCALLUM/ROY/DONALDSON
Ireland - DEVINE/MCGARRY/MULLEN/MULDOON