Convent & school for girls BISHOPTON

Asylums, Poor Houses and the like.

Moderator: Global Moderators

sharriegi

Convent & school for girls BISHOPTON

Post by sharriegi » Thu May 02, 2013 11:39 pm

I am looking for girls who attended the convent school in bishopton, was known as Dalbeth approved school, st gerards for unwed mothers and st euphrasia and last known as the good shepherd centre..... I especially need to talk to women who were there 1970-1971

Rose connelly

Re: Convent & school for girls BISHOPTON

Post by Rose connelly » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:38 am

Hi Sharriegi

I was in St Gerards from June 1969 until January 1970 when I was 16 years old. I had a lovely time there as the Nuns were amazing and I made some lovely friends . My son is now a successful 44 year old and I am very proud of him. If you would like to contact me please do not hesitate. I remember Mother Mercia and Sister Gertrude they were absolutely lovely and made you feel at home. I just wish I would have kept in contact with some of the girls as i often think about them

StewL

Post by StewL » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:46 am

Hello Rose
[TS_welcome]
I am sure that sharriegi will be pleased to hear that a reply has been made to the post.
I hope she still has the same email address.
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson

heatherdow

Post by heatherdow » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi my mum was in the convent and was hoping someone would know how to get in touch With sister Elizabeth thank you