CS3 Posts

Stories and Poems by our members.

Moderator: Global Moderators

AnnetteR

Post by AnnetteR » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:56 pm

Hi Bob

What a sad story about Anne but maybe that was her reason for being.

Back tae Roy Rogers - as faur as ah kin remember Dale Evans wis his burd an his dug wis 'bullit' or wis that the Lone Ranger. Didnae go much fur Flash Gordon masell but a knew hunners oh them, they wid emerge every Seturday efternin screaming and yellin an thinking they wur the bees knees, runnin riot aroon us wee lassies. Ah well, that's boys fur ye. Ah preferred reading the Bunty masell while they wur awe dartin aboot like loonies.

Look forward tae next week

Annette
-----------------------------------------------------
Researching in Fife: Wilson, Ramsay, Cassels/Carswell, Lindsay, Millar, Bowman and many others.
In Glasgow and West of Scotland: Aitchison, Wilkinson, Keenan, Black, Kinloch and Leiper.

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi Bob,

Surprise is always an element of your contributions. I'd forgotten "Flash Gordon's existance. Thanks for the laughter that contibuted to a pleasant Sunday afternoon.

The story of Anne made me sad though. Brought a reminder of a neighbouring shopkeeper's son. He was thrown into the Seine by a couple of nasty fellows because he didn't have the right geneological background. He drowned. How angry that kind of hooliganisme makes me.

Keep them coming.

Cattriona

Laura

To Annie

Post by Laura » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:46 am

Dear Bob,

I first met Annie in 1978 when I took my first course in Industrial First Aid (Worker's Comp.) in Vancouver, B.C.. The evening classes were taught by a hardened paramedic / morgue assistant who used harsh, real-life examples to help us remember what not to do in first aid. He taught us well.

Laura

Re: Cyber Seance 3 - Resusci-Annie

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:07 am

Moonwatcher wrote: I'm sure many of you have met Annie. What stories do you have of your encounter?
I complained for twenty years about our annual training sessions with Annie. (And laughed every time over the occasional misunderstandings about the requirement to "blow the dummy"...)

But twice during that time period, I had to use the things Annie taught me, for real. (Both involved young airmen who were careless inside the housing of a radar transmitter, where 30,000 Volts DC was present.)

Just a bright flash - and down he went - with heart and lungs at a dead stop.

In both cases - CPR got him started again within two minutes.
Both were back at work the next day - with only a band-aid over the small burnt spot on his hand.

Since our Annie was always purchased from the lowest bidder, it barely looked human... and androgenous, to boot!

nelmit

Annie

Post by nelmit » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:18 pm

I've met Annie a few times over the years now and she can can be bit rude if you don't kiss her right - she's aye fartin'.

Annette M

Moonwatcher

Post by Moonwatcher » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:49 pm

nelmit wrote; '...she can can be bit rude if you don't kiss her right - she's aye fartin'.

Sorry, aht wisnae Annie - aht wiz me last week. Forgoat tae mention aht bit! :oops:

Bob.

Moonwatcher

Post by Moonwatcher » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:53 pm

dweezild wrote; '...our Annie was always purchased from the lowest bidder, it barely looked human... and androgenous, to boot! '

We hid an instructor lik that wance.' :lol:

Bob.