Need help-Marriage and births look-ups please-LIVINGSTONE-

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

michele

Need help-Marriage and births look-ups please-LIVINGSTONE-

Post by michele » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:12 am

Hi I am hoping someone can help me out with a Marriage and births look-ups please for the area of Leith Edinburgh Scotland
I am trying to find the Marriage of John Livingstone to Charlotte Liston [Charlotte Liston was born around 1876 Scotland]

Children of John and Charlotte's that I know of were-
Alfred Livingstone born 1902 Leith Edinburgh Scotland
Harry Green? Livingstone born Leith Edinburgh Scotland
Thomas Liston Livingstone
David Stanley Livingstone
Hannah Combe Livingstone
Thomas Liston Livingstone
Margaret Kemp Livingstone
Peter Livingstone

Thank you for your time and any help you can give me in my search
with kind regards Michele
Australia

AndrewP
Site Admin

Re: Need help-Marriage and births look-ups please-LIVINGSTON

Post by AndrewP » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:15 am

HI Michele,

See the answer I gave to your census question. I have said a bit about the birth certificates there.

A search on http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk on a pay per view basis gives you the marriage certificate quite easily. There has only been one marriage from 1855 to date to a couple of surnames Livingston* and Liston, and that is in Leith. That certificate gives you the names of both sets of parents, including the mothers' maiden surnames, so should get you back another generation. The fathers' occupations (shipwright and fisherman) are both no surprise in North Leith, with the ports of Leith and Newhaven in the area. The marriage year is in agreement with the length of marriage given on the 1911 census (always a good sign).

Note that searching anywhere on ScotlandsPeople for your Livingstone people, it is worth searching for Livingston* to give results for both Livingston and Livingstone. Spelling of names was less important in these times.

All the best,

AndrewP

michele

Re: Need help-Marriage and births look-ups please-LIVINGSTON

Post by michele » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:25 am

Hi AndrewP
Thank you so much for this information it all helps If I can be of any help in Australia with lookup's let me know
have a good day kind regards Michele