deaths.....

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

joyce

deaths.....

Post by joyce » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:38 am

hi everyone
can anyone tell me when my grandparents died and were they would be buried i no its atall order .there names were
andrew b morgan and i think his wife was jane
36 cable wynd
south leith
midlothian
i think this is right the way i have put it as im new to all this and dont seem to be getting very far.thank you joyce
looking for my ancestors from as far back as i can get names
morgan.marshall.williamson.cowan

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:41 pm

Hello Joyce,To search for your family tree Births,deaths and marriages you will need to go to Scotland's People and buy some credits to do a search.
If you enter Andrew B Morgan into the SR search which is from 1855 to 1944 you will get 2 hits.

1865 Andrew Bennet Morgan Male Leith North Midlothian 692/01 0123

1873 Andrew Bennet Morgan M Leith North Midlothian 692/01 0205

both of these seem to distant to be your granfather.So I widened the search by omiting the Midlothian.It added 2 more hits.

1944 Andrew Bell Morgan M 65 Whitburn West Lothian 673/01 0007

1896 David Andrew Be M 0yrs Greenock est Renfrew 564/02 0073

Without any other info. I would assume your granfather is the 1944 one and your lucky as his death would have just become available.
The numbers at the end are because the image is not available and you will have to order a copy if you want to see what other info. might be on it.

Now you give it a try with his wife.It helps if you know her maiden name as women are listed under both their maiden ma,e and married name and then you can cross reference them if you need to narrow down your choices.

Happy hunting,
HeatherK

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:36 pm

HeatherK wrote:Hello Joyce,To search for your family tree Births,deaths and marriages you will need to go to Scotland's People and buy some credits to do a search.
If you enter Andrew B Morgan into the SR search which is from 1855 to 1944 you will get 2 hits.

1865 Andrew Bennet Morgan Male Leith North Midlothian 692/01 0123

1873 Andrew Bennet Morgan M Leith North Midlothian 692/01 0205

Happy hunting,
HeatherK
Hello Heather,

If you look at previous posts by Joyce you will see that one of the above Andrews should be her G.G. Grandfather.
Her grandfather lived in London in 1881.

Joyce,

If you do as Heather instructed you should get lots of info on Andrew's death entry.

Since Andrew (Malcolm's father) lived in London in 1881 perhaps you should search the English records for his death. I'm afraid that's something I've never had to do but I'm sure somebody else will give guidance.

Hope this helps
Annette M

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:23 am

Thanks for catching that Nelmit. :oops:
HK

joyce

Post by joyce » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:16 am

hi heather and annette
thank you both for your help ill try and do that,im not sure about his wife single name weather it was .cowan or williamson joyce

nelmit

Andrew Morgan

Post by nelmit » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:33 am

Hi Joyce,

This is the way I see it :

Malcolm B MORGAN was born 1872 in London, England.
His father was Andrew B MORGAN born 12th December 1839 in Leith, Midlothian.
His father was Andrew Bennett MORGAN, a seaman, who was married to Ann or Jane MARSHALL. The couple were married in April 1835.
This Jane is the person you see on the 1851 census at Cable Wynd.

Andrew B Morgan born 1839 is still living in London in 1901 which is why I think he probably died there. Obtaining his death certificate would hopefully confirm his parents' names

Hope this helps,
Annette

sporran

Re: deaths

Post by sporran » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:00 am

Hello Joyce,

although Scottish death certificates have the names of the parents, English ones do not (unless a parent was the informant). This is true even now: my uncle died in 2003 and there is no mention of his parents.

Regards,

John

joyce

Post by joyce » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:14 am

hi annette
i havejust got my fathers birth cert after trying for many years to find out were he was born,as a only child it realy mattered to me .on my parents marriage cert my grandfather malcolm was already died and that was in 1935 when they got married so i dont no when he died my grandfather married a helen tyler,so it seems both andrew and malcolm were living in england.on the 1901 i have
andrew b morgan
lousia morgan
winnifred morgan grandaughter
jane morgan -grandaughter
on the 1881
andrew b morgan
lousia b morgan
malcolm b morgan
jane l morgan niece
so had andrew been married twice if his first wife jane marshall .thank you for your help joyce

joyce

Post by joyce » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:17 am

hi john
thanks for replying i no it dosnt have the parents names on ,and i think they died in england and its the same there .thank you joyce

joyce

family morgan

Post by joyce » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:45 pm

hi everyone
thank you all for your help i have just got my grandparents marriage cert,my grandfather who was andrew bennet morgan was still living in london in 1892.without all of your help i would never have found any of my family even though there all dead .thank you joyce