Illegible Name on Marriage Certificate.....

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

Carolann

Post by Carolann » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:28 pm

Ian
Hi I tried to obtain certificate for Catherine from SP but no luck, however I did have my GG Grandfathers B/C and it just states as you know marriage details. Duncan O'Hara married Margaret Hegarty on 22/11/1850 in Campbeltown. She died inn 1871. On his death cert it shows two marriages 1st to Mary McNeil and then to Margaret Hegarty so I don't think the two are related.
Sorry I don't have any good information to give you.
If you can find anything that would be great but please don't put yourself out.
Thanks again
Carolann
Carol

IanS

Post by IanS » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:57 pm

Hi Carolann, Catherines b.c. is on S.P. but for some reason it didn't come up the first couple of times, but I did an O'hara search for 1855 Argyll, and it came up with one other.
Right. Duncan was born in a place called Cushendun, Culfreightrin, Co. Antrim.

I'll get back to you. Also the Mcneil info may be useful. In the meantime you can happily google for Culfreightrin Parish records etc. See what's available , even if it's not online, the L.D.S. may have filmed them (I haven't looked yet)

IanS

Post by IanS » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:06 pm

Hi again, On Griffiths Valuation for Cushendun there are 3 entries for O'Haras. 2 Patricks and a John. At the moment I can't see if the 2 Patricks may be the same person as my image viewer is playing up. However all three entries are renting from an Edmund McNeill. Whilst we can't tell from G.V. what relationship these could be to your Duncan, I think they are most certainly 'yours' in some shape or form. i.e. brothers to Duncan, cousins, nephews etc.

http://www.proni.gov.uk/geogindx/parishes/par081.htm

The above link to PRONI gives the townland maps for the Parish of Culreightrin.

The surname Scally is a present in the neighbourung townland of Cushleake mountain North, 2nd and 3rd nearest, Coolnappoge and Drumnakeel.

Carolann

Post by Carolann » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:10 pm

Ian
Thank you for this information. I went back into SP and downloaded the certificate. It certainly does give a lot more information than the normal birth certificates.
I will look at the information more carefully at the weekend and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again.
Carolan :D
Carol

Carolann

Post by Carolann » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:38 pm

Ian

Thank you for all your information. Howevery, I not turned anything up except some good photographs of Cushendon. I will keep ploughing through any other sources I come across and see I can find anything.
Once again thanks for your help.
Carolann
Carol

Lizzie

writing

Post by Lizzie » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:13 pm

My two cents worth with my great new magnifying glass is

Maffy

Lizzie

Carolann

Post by Carolann » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi
Thanks Lizzie. I have written to SP and they are going to send me unofficial records which may help. I see when I get it. Thanks again
Carolnn
Carol

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:44 pm

Carolann wrote:Hi
Thanks Lizzie. I have written to SP and they are going to send me unofficial records which may help. I see when I get it. Thanks again
Carolnn
"unofficial records" indeed !! :wink: - we await GROS's elucidation :!: :!:

Davie

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:04 am

Carolann, Re: O'Haras

You might find this page useful for background info.

http://www.from-ireland.net/lewis/ant/culfeightrin.htm

Also, as my image viewer is now working, there are a few other McNeills in close proximity to the Cushendun O'Hara's, including a James and a Malcolm. If you would like the detailed info , send me a private message with your e-mail.

BillyF

Post by BillyF » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:55 pm

Hi Guys can I ask what the GV site is , I was reading the posts and noticed a few references to it
thanks
BillyF
researching the Fleming,Bennett,Brannigan,Mooney,McIlroy, Stewart & Gamble families