Help with death

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

magspattison

Help with death

Post by magspattison » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi
I'm trying to find the death of Jane Arris Graham who died 1864 in i think Edinburgh. Jane was married to George Graham, but had apparently been married before. I would be most grateful for any help.
Margaret
looking for Arries

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi Margaret,

If you go to http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and search in Statutory Deaths for Surname - GRAHAM and firstname - JANE with either ARRIS or BORTHWICK in "other surnames" you should find her DC registered in ST ANDREW, EDINBURGH CITY, MIDLOTHIAN in 1864
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)

magspattison

Post by magspattison » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:22 am

Hi Emanday
Thank you for your reply, i have done as you said and it comes up no matches, i put the right details in.
Margaret
looking for Arries

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:36 am

Hi Margaret,

I will go along with Mary, she is there on ScotlandsPeople as JANE BORTHWICK, previous surname GRAHAM, maiden surname ARRIS, died 1864 in Edinburgh, age not indexed.

All the best,

AndrewP

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:15 pm

Looks as though she is indexed under all 3 surnames. Only to be expected I suppose.
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)