Moderator: Global Moderators

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Jean

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

JustJean

Post by JustJean » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:10 pm

A victim of the blue ink blue paper blues....but indexed on SP as this

1851 WYLIE MARY ANN F 3 RATHVEN /BANFF 164/00 012/00 007 No Image Available

Can you spell WALKER?.....perhaps it's a W thing....WYLIE....WALKER....yeah....it's close enough :shock: :?

Best wishes
Jean

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:11 pm

Hah!!

Got Annie at last. Here she is dying in 1947 in Cathcart, the widow of 1. Alfred Ross, RSM Royal Scots Fusiliers and 2. Robert Wallace, slater. She died on 25 May 1947 at 35 Ardmay Crescent, Glasgow, aged 77 the daughter of Alexander Campbell, Electrician and Mary Ann Campbell m.s. Walker. Her cause of death was Chronic Myocarditis.

Guess she just made up her grandparents when her mother died!!

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:15 pm

AnneM wrote:Hah!!

Got Annie at last. Here she is dying in 1947 in Cathcart, the widow of 1. Alfred Ross, RSM Royal Scots Fusiliers and 2. Robert Wallace, slater. She died on 25 May 1947 at 35 Ardmay Crescent, Glasgow, aged 77 the daughter of Alexander Campbell, Electrician and Mary Ann Campbell m.s. Walker. Her cause of death was Chronic Myocarditis.

Guess she just made up her grandparents when her mother died!!

Anne
Weel done !!

So tending to suggest that the 1922 death record is the correct one !!

David

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Yup

And just to confirm it is the right Annie she is in the 1891 census in the Military Barracks, Ayr along with the right Alfred and her place of birth is given as Woodside, Aberdeen.

So where the heck did she get the Annie Hare as her grandmother??

Anne
Anne

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:17 pm

JustJean wrote:DON' T ASK :shock: ..but here she is in 1851....

Name: Mary Ann Wylie
Estimated birth year: abt 1848
Relationship: Great Grandchild (Grandchild)
Mother's name: Margaret
Where born: Rathven, Banffshire
Parish Number: 164
Civil parish: Rathven
Town: Farnoughty
County: Banffshire
Address: Farnoughy
ED: 12
Page: 7 (click to see others on page)
Household schedule number: 21
Line: 5
Roll: CSSCT1851_36
Household Members: Name Age
Alexr Geddes 18
Elspeth Geddes 61
James Geddes 62
Margaret Geddes 30
Mary Ann Wylie 3
Even more brilliant :!: :!: [5 cups]

David

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:19 pm

AnneM wrote:Yup

And just to confirm it is the right Annie she is in the 1891 census in the Military Barracks, Ayr along with the right Alfred and her place of birth is given as Woodside, Aberdeen.

So where the heck did she get the Annie Hare as her grandmother??

Anne
Wha kens :!: :twisted:

David

linniestorm

Post by linniestorm » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:26 pm

Crikey!!! You go and watch a Jane Austen adaptation for a few hours and come back to your family history done for you!!! :lol:

You lot are good!

I must admit, I thought my census records were a bit too good to be true, but this old gal has had me stumped for months, the thought of being on the verge of a breakthrough, I was clawing at it in desperation!

But you're right David, it seems I do have a few interesting relatives, and I thought most of mine were run of the mill! I haven't taken in all of the above as yet so will probably have to go back and edit, but there are a few things I can confirm, though some of you have already managed to do it for me, thank you!

It definitely is the right death certificate. Her recorded address is the same as the one my gg-grandmother, (another Mary!) was married from a few years earlier. I also have the death certificate for Alexander (informant: Annie Wallace again!) with the same address again, so am pretty positive all that fits. As AnneM said, Annie appears to me to be Ann Munro Campbell their daughter appearing on 1871 census.

Oops, can see some new replies in the topic review, so will check them before continuing!
Researching: Nisbet/Nesbit, Hunter, Aitken, McCracken, Hill, Campbell, McMurran, Walker, McIntosh, Leishman (and when time permits, a few more!)

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:40 pm

At a first glance does not look like James Geddes made it to 1855. What a shame!

Anne
Anne

linniestorm

Post by linniestorm » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:44 pm

Now I've read everything through again and its sinking in I'm even more astounded, I would probably never have figured out half of all this and that particular line would still be languishing five years from now! Many many thanks, some top class finds!

Thank you JustJean, that death certificate find for Margaret Geddes I would never have tripped over that if you'd put it right in front of me!

In terms of Alexander's rapidly changing occupations, probably turns out that that's a bit of a family trait :wink: so I was keeping an open mind on that! It seems he went from Engine Cleaner in 1871, to Telegraph Inspector in 1881, to Vanman in 1891, to Foreman Telephone Repairer in 1901 to Labourer on his death certificate to Electrician on Mary Ann's death certificate (though perhaps that was 'talked up' a bit!)

Thank you for all your hard work and checking David, AnneM and JustJean and setting me on the right path, some real juicy things to follow up to get further back too! I still don't think everything's fallen into place in my old brain yet so will go back and have a good read again and get it all straight. Glad to have kept you occupied on a Sunday night, your expertise has been invaluable!
Researching: Nisbet/Nesbit, Hunter, Aitken, McCracken, Hill, Campbell, McMurran, Walker, McIntosh, Leishman (and when time permits, a few more!)