Every Man Remembered - Royal British Legion Website

All matters military, militia, regiments and the like. Army, Navy, Air Force etc.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

WilmaM

Every Man Remembered - Royal British Legion Website

Post by WilmaM » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:23 pm

I've recently heard of this web site http://www.everymanremembered.org

An effort by the Royal British legion to have EVERY man [and Woman] who fell in the Great War remembered in some way.

You can find someone you know - or know of and commemorate them and add a story about them or Photos, if you are fortunate to have any.
Or Pay tribute to a complete stranger.

Then you can place a poppy on a world map and say why you placed it there - I chose 'my boy's' home address from his enlistment card.

I've found my 'one and only' Soldier Boy from the Family trees and left a resume of his life, as I know it from family records and his service record [the fragments of which survived the next war].

If you are going to do it for a specific person I'd advise writing up the story beforehand - they say max of around an A4 of text, so plenty scope for details.

A lovely way of sharing their lives and bringing to attention those who are in danger of being forgotten.
Wilma

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Re: Every Man Remembered - Royal British Legion Website

Post by HeatherH » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:48 am

Wonderful Idea. I'm so lucky as so far all my WW1 heros survived. And though these men did give the ultimate sacrifice for use I feel their contribution must also be remembered.
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.