William Miller

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Dave Richardson

William Miller

Post by Dave Richardson » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:54 am

Readers may see that I am looking for David Earel Lindsay and as I have had very little luck in finding him I thought it may help if I was to find out about his mate a William Miller who David travel out from USA with and who was his best man at his wedding and who he went into a partnership as builders in Napier NZ. Maybe some one has done this tree and this may give me the boat and a bit of back ground in finding David Earl Lindsay. I think Mary was Williams wife. Miller may have been born in 1825 but where I don't know, but I hope scotland
Many thanks
Dave
Last edited by Dave Richardson on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LesleyB

Re: William Miller

Post by LesleyB » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi Dave
who David travel out from USA with
Have you a date for his travel? Also a date and place for his marriage? It might help us to help you.

Also, Momat suggested that you try http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/
- there appear to be several mentions of "David Earl Lindsay" there (as spelt here). Bear in mind that spelling was a far more fluid practice than it is nowdays - people often spelled their own names differently on separate occasions and "officials" wrote down what they heard, not a standardised version.

Best wishes
Lesley

Dave Richardson

Re: William Miller

Post by Dave Richardson » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Yes he arrived in NZ with David Earl Lindsay in 1856 and when David was married 29/9 /56 William Miller and Mary were witness They were in Partnership as Builders in Napier later on
Many thanks.
Dave